• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Homeopathy under attack"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Surely there must be someone here, possibly an expert in statistics and modelling, who believes that a trace molecule can have an inordinate effect upon the host ? Some sort of atmospheric homeopath ?

A few trace molecules from this nasty critter have an inordinate effect on the host.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Struck off ???
    My mate in the army damaged his knee quite badly. The army doctor wrapped two aspirins in a bandage around the injury and sent him home for a days rest.
    He didnt get struck off, he got promoted.
    Clearly he's a genious at saving money

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Anyway, that is nothing, I know a GP who gets his torch pen, waves it about the complained about area, makes a jjjssshhhhht noise and tells the patient they should be better in the next 24 hours. Seriously.

He is about to be struck off though for killing someone.
    My GP is so good she can write a prescription without even examining you. She even did one over the phone once! Obviously much more skilled than those who need to take a case history and do a thorough physical examination to work out what's wrong.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Anyway, that is nothing, I know a GP who gets his torch pen, waves it about the complained about area, makes a jjjssshhhhht noise and tells the patient they should be better in the next 24 hours. Seriously.

Struck off ???
    My mate in the army damaged his knee quite badly. The army doctor wrapped two aspirins in a bandage around the injury and sent him home for a days rest.
    He didnt get struck off, he got promoted.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    [QUOTE=singhr;1079646]
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I have had a number of injuries and ailments during my life, including but not limited to;
    - severe throat infection
    - dysentery
    - giardia
    - infected cut on left leg
    - broken ribs
    - broken wrist (2*)
    - torn quadriceps
    - torn ankle ligament
    - broken fingers

QUOTE]

A girlfriend who liked to play rough and tumble but didnt understand the basics of food hygene?
    More than one.

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    [QUOTE=Mich the Tester;1079609]I have had a number of injuries and ailments during my life, including but not limited to;
    - dysentery
    - giardia
    - broken ribs
    - broken wrist (2*)
    - torn quadriceps
    - torn ankle ligament
    - broken fingers

QUOTE]

A girlfriend who liked to play rough and tumble but didnt understand the basics of food hygene?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You don't want to trust these scientists,
    God forbid. No, we'll just leave the big weighty complex decisions to slavering beanheads like you with your collection of GIGO computer models, your abacus, and your OUIJA Board.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    By the laws of homeopathy, shouldn't we be increasing the concentration of CO2, thus reducing it's effectiveness?
    if homepathy was valid then yes. But it isnt so clearly we have to put the future of the planet into the hands of the NHS

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    scientifically developed.
    You don't want to trust these scientists, they're all part of a global conspiracy.
    You need to listen to us, only we can think clearly what with our brilliant educations and massive IQs

HTH and Regards,

DP, EO and SB

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Ah good , at last we have the real brains on the job. Mind you SasGuru does have to declare an interest here - he does already believe in Atmospheric homeopathy, where one molecule of CO2 in a million can melt the glaciers in the Himalayas
    now thats some placebo
    By the laws of homeopathy, shouldn't we be increasing the concentration of CO2, thus reducing it's effectiveness?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    We don't do peer review on CUK.
    Here we take the most loony/perverse/axe-to-grind/special-interest person/insitution/think-tank/lobby/pressure group and use it to support whatever random thoughts our simplistic brains come up with.

HTH and Thanks,
    Dim, EO and SB.
    Ah good , at last we have the real brains on the job. Mind you SasGuru does have to declare an interest here - he does already believe in Atmospheric homeopathy, where one molecule of CO2 in a million can melt the glaciers in the Himalayas
    now thats some placebo

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I tried it and it worked - granted my cousin who knew a lot about it supplied the stuff but it worked: that and chinese needle acupuncture helped me deal with astma.
    I have had a number of injuries and ailments during my life, including but not limited to;
    - dysentery
    - giardia
    - broken ribs
    - broken wrist (2*)
    - torn quadriceps
    - torn ankle ligament
    - broken fingers

In each and every one of these cases I have found both relief of the symptoms and a timely cure using a method in which people’s belief seems to be waning, and which bears some responsibility for doubling life expectancy in the last 300 years; modern, scientifically developed medicine and medical methods.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Can't believe no one has posted this link yet....

http://www.howdoeshomeopathywork.com/

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Homeopaths kill people.

Changing the subject, I think it was Jeremy Hardy took the piss out of alternative therapies with:
    A plane crashes. There's bodies and blood and screaming everywhere. From the back of the plane a voice calls out: "Make way, make way. I am a herbalist."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X