• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: London

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "London"

Collapse

• Chico
    replied
    Hard at work now!!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Chico
    Resting and doing as little as possible
    Hey, the sabbath day is over, get back to work!

(Surely you're aware that sloth is one of the deven deadly sins!)

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Kids

For most people, London is a sh1te place to bring up kids. It has heavy traffic, inner-city schools, dodgy people, pollution, and a shortage of open spaces.

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak
    Hiya Dear,

Oh so so. I'm spreading my wings in the project at the mo'. I've been seconded in the Pan-Programme team in order to strut my stuff...

What are u doing for Xmas?
    Resting and doing as little as possible

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Hiya Dear,

Oh so so. I'm spreading my wings in the project at the mo'. I've been seconded in the Pan-Programme team in order to strut my stuff...

What are u doing for Xmas?

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    replied
    Cojak

How's tricks?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Well, if it's with people it involves pubs and restaurants. I tend to go to the pictures and theatres by myself.

I do have a life here...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    You mean you have a "social life"

Whats a "...social life...." ? (I hope I pronounced it correctly).

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    The food and the social life mainly.

I'm living aound Covent Garden - Tottenham Court road. I've got Soho to eat in (it's gone upmarket...). And all the theatres. Saw Patrick Stewart in A Christmas Carol a couple of weeks ago. Fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    ...more more

Why are you smitten with London ??

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    ooh, tricky. If it was for 1st Jan and Geneva/Vevey, Switzerland and weekend skiing would win by a whisker.

Otherwise I'm quite smitten by London at the mo'.

(Didn't you know about the mugging? Me and some woman in a tug of war over my handbag.

I bit the bitch in the end and won....

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    [MORBID CURIOSITY]

..aha, so tell us about the mugging.

[/MORBID CURIOSITY]

Actually if I remember cojey, you were working in Switzerland. If a strange man in dirty raincoat were to offer you a contract in Switzerland tomorrow, would you go? or just order another martini?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Must admit, I'm working in London and loving it (except when I got mugged, of course).

Becky's right - London is the only place I've found where people pile into the pub opposite after work.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Australian teams are full of drugged up goons so its no wonder their poof ball team is mildly average

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    Apparently there are several poof ball players now living in Canary Wharf...bringing the whole tone of the place down with their very presence!

Mailman
    Is that the same poofball that is the only sport Australia were any good at this year?

Or are you a kiwi?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X