• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It aint easy being a fella"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

There was one woman who always left the meat till last; then she grabbed a carrier bag and used it as a glove to handle it, explaining that "I'm vegetarian, you see." It was already wrapped, FFS
    I've seen that happen when I used to live in the East end, whereby some of the Muslim staff would not touch a bottle of alcohol with their bare hands.

Strange

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    What really annoys me is when I've put everything on the belt in precisely the order I want it to come off for optimal packing, and the twonk on the till starts reaching over stuff or putting things to one side and sending them down to me in a completely different order

There was one woman who always left the meat till last; then she grabbed a carrier bag and used it as a glove to handle it, explaining that "I'm vegetarian, you see." It was already wrapped, FFS

Flogging is too good for them
    Oh, I passionately agree with your first point.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

I regularly proposition blokes in the crisp aisle, sounds perfectly realistic.

one of my neighbours, a postwoman, grabbed me by the cumberland sausage

well, it might have happened

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I can't understand these folks with this cavalier attitude towards loading the belt. Bread first, are you mental? I always itch to reload it for them.
    What really annoys me is when I've put everything on the belt in precisely the order I want it to come off for optimal packing, and the twonk on the till starts reaching over stuff or putting things to one side and sending them down to me in a completely different order

Don't even start me on the ones who can't put the "Next Customer" divider down.
    Flogging is too good for them

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied

Watch out for the Wotsits or you'll end up with an orange behind!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post

Having said this, I have met and dated a few ladies met in Tescos . Nearly complained about one (stalkerette) as she started following me everywhere in there until I spoke to her and realised she just wanted my body.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    What she said and I hate it with a vengance for same reasons.
    I don't mind popping in to get the odd few things and joining the 'Under 10 items' queue but start mumbling to myself if I'm stood to long there.

Having said this, I have met and dated a few ladies met in Tescos . Nearly complained about one (stalkerette) as she started following me everywhere in there until I spoke to her and realised that her guide dog could smell the ham in my basket.
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by lje View Post
    It's not just the checkout - it's the whole shopping experience for me. Horrific. And I'm not even a man!

Online shopping all the way for me. The only good time I've found to go to the supermarket is when England are playing in the world cup. Place is empty - fantastic. The rest of my life I'm happy to pay a few quid to not have to join everyone in bumper carts and listen to screaming kids.
    What she said and I hate it with a vengance for same reasons.
    I don't mind popping in to get the odd few things and joining the 'Under 10 items' queue but start mumbling to myself if I'm stood to long there.

Having said this, I have met and dated a few ladies met in Tescos . Nearly complained about one (stalkerette) as she started following me everywhere in there until I spoke to her and realised she just wanted my body.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

WHS

I love this thread - well done everyone

We went to Tesco on Sunday and I stupidly let himself pack... oh my God, things were all piled in on top of each other squishing everything... Grrr... and when I looked appalled - he accused me of having packing OCD

The nerve

You still take me shopping though...

Here's a plan, you go into Sainsburys I go into Maplin...

Leave a comment:

• lje
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    We went to Tesco on Sunday and I stupidly let himself pack... oh my God, things were all piled in on top of each other squishing everything... Grrr... and when I looked appalled - he accused me of having packing OCD

The nerve
    I know - Mr lje does that too. He seems to think it strange that I pack the cold (and potentially wet things) in a separate bag from the dry things. It's a good job that I rarely go into supermarkets anymore...

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    A woman walks into a supermarket and buys:

1 bar of soap
    1 toothbrush
    1 tube of toothpaste
    1 loaf of bread
    1 pint of milk
    1 single serving of cereal
    1 single serving frozen dinner
    1 can of Soup For One
    1 16oz can of Miller Lite

The guy at the checkout looks at her and says, "Single, are you?"

The woman smiles sweetly and replies, "How did you guess?"

He replies, "Because you're ugly."
    'arf, 'arf, 'arf

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Mary P , CM , Pogle and K2P2 go shopping

2 minutes before opening girls. get ready

That was Zippy, Cojak and I before we hit Harvey Nicks on Tuesday

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    A woman walks into a supermarket and buys:

1 bar of soap
    1 toothbrush
    1 tube of toothpaste
    1 loaf of bread
    1 pint of milk
    1 single serving of cereal
    1 single serving frozen dinner
    1 can of Soup For One
    1 16oz can of Miller Lite

The guy at the checkout looks at her and says, "Single, are you?"

The woman smiles sweetly and replies, "How did you guess?"

He replies, "Because you're ugly."

Leave a comment:

• oversteer
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    The Tesco home delivery without carrier bags is similar ...
    That was ridiculous, three giant crates of stuff and a huffy delivery driver tapping his feet to get his crates back. Imagine your kitchen being right next to the checkout and having to pack everything in a cupboard as it slides down the conveyor, you get the idea.

OH suitably chastised for selecting said option.

The best one was working at Waitrose not long after they introduced the "Quick check" option, where you scanned the shopping as you went around. Worked fine, except every now and then a customer would be selected for RANDOM CHECKING - your typical middle class Waitrose customer would get really offended by this, as if they were being accused of thievery.

Strangely it was quite often bottles of whisky, big joints of meat etc that had been missed out ...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Mary P , CM , Pogle and K2P2 go shopping

2 minutes before opening girls. get ready

Leave a comment:

Working...
X