• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gordon Browns daughter"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by shoes View Post
    For anyone who thinks the timing has nothing to do with the general election and that he isn't as sick as someone would need to be in order to pull this stunt, you have to ask why now?

And more importantly is he so stupid to believe that no-one will be thinking this of him? Surely the fact he is doing it now is proof that it is all to do with exploiting his childs death for political gain. Surely he would do it after the election if it were for any other reason so as not to appear as though it is related to the election.

A sick, sick man.
    I believe that many people realise this is sick and cynical.

I believe that many many more people will say 'ahhh how sad, what a nice man' and go and vote for him.

This stunt will collect him more votes than he risked losing.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Clarification.

Re GB taking it up the @rse, when I say I'd have watched that, I mean the interview when he was asked about it.

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    For anyone who thinks the timing has nothing to do with the general election and that he isn't as sick as someone would need to be in order to pull this stunt, you have to ask why now?

And more importantly is he so stupid to believe that no-one will be thinking this of him? Surely the fact he is doing it now is proof that it is all to do with exploiting his childs death for political gain. Surely he would do it after the election if it were for any other reason so as not to appear as though it is related to the election.

A sick, sick man.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Why didn't they ask him about the rumours that he used to take it up the @rse? Id' have watched that.
    What do you mean 'used to'?

And will he deny the truth about the nappies and rocking horse?

Wait until we have him up in front of the executioner - well see some some proper tears then.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    This pic of Gordon Brown, taken a day or two ago, reminded me of someone, but I couldn't quite place him.

Then it struck me - Gabriel Byrne playing Satan in "End of Days". How appropriate
    Nah. Frankie Howerd after he's just come off stage as the pantomime dame and taken off his make-up, but before he's got drunk enough to roger the stagehand's son.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    This pic of Gordon Brown, taken a day or two ago, reminded me of someone, but I couldn't quite place him.

Then it struck me - Gabriel Byrne playing Satan in "End of Days". How appropriate

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    PS Why didn't they ask him about the rumours that he used to take it up the @rse? Id' have watched that.

PPS That's how he damaged his eye you know. Banged his head while engaged in frantic b*ggery in the communal rugby bath.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Don't think anyone is saying they faked the emotion but we can imagine the party discussions that led to this with, I think, fair accuracy.

The party advisors telling Brownstuff that a big problem for the election is his perceived dourness and lack of human warmth, telling him he should open up and not rule out answering any questions. however personal. He would have known what that might lead to and went along with it for political advantage.

Most of us have been through personal tragedies of some sort and one can understand that people may reveal such things to strangers because it overwhelms them and they need to talk to someone but most don't spill their hearts out in public, years after the event when it is no longer uppermost in their minds, for their personal advancement.

He is an utter scumbag.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    As a parent I would not like to endure what they went through, but I don't recall this being spoken about in the previous campaign. Why now? Looks like a cynical vote grabbing tactic to me and one that really is very low.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I haven't seen it, but I gather she briefly peeps aside two or three times to check the camera is still on her.

She certainly does made it seem all the more staged and cynical.

This is scraping the bottom of the barrel of the lowest order.

Lets hope the voters who matter wake up and take note of the cynical ploy.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    No, you're right. I saw a few seconds of it last night (?) on TV, with the camera focussed on Sarah, quietly blubbering.

Sick and cynical.

Anyway, doesn't everyone know he only married her so as to be able to appear to be a 'family man' not a raving gaylord ?
    I haven't seen it, but I gather she briefly peeps aside two or three times to check the camera is still on her.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Yes, it happened to me.
    Well then you, above anyone else, should appreciate the quiet dignity that most people , who have suffered this type of tradegy, display in public.

GB has gone beyond the pale

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Is there no depth this twunt won't sink to?? Recounting his 10 day old daughters death which happened 8 years ago in order to appeal to the stupid bleeding heart public is as low as it gets
    ...Or am I being a bit harsh?
    No, you're right. I saw a few seconds of it last night (?) on TV, with the camera focussed on Sarah, quietly blubbering.

Sick and cynical.

Anyway, doesn't everyone know he only married her so as to be able to appear to be a 'family man' not a raving gaylord ?

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Oh for a robot leader with no charisma, just rational policies.
    John Major - 2 out of 3

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Yes, it happened to me.
    <potentially ott>
    Is that a cynical attempt to gain sympathy votes?
    </potentially ott>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X