• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can I withdraw contract?"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    gemasp, don't listen to those jealous clowns. You're in this contracting lark for yourself and to make money. Hand in your notice on the first contract immediately and follow the money. You owe it to your company shareholders.
    Shut it, permie!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

The first step towards being Successful is knowing how to spell Successful
    Yes, nothing succeeds like a budgie.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Up yer hole

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    you are quite succesful

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I wasnt actually referring my comments to the individual who started the thread. I do have sympathy for him and at least he is discussing his situation in a pragmatic way in trying to weigh things up . My issue is with the little twerp calling himself "fullyautomatictwat"
    Well, for every sincere agent like yourself there are hundreds more who are waiting to shaft the contractor in every which way. Quite a lot of posts on this forum as to how the agent pockets up to 30% or upwards of the contract. It's not like the OP actually started the contract anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    you are quite succesful

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Erm, has anyone actually thought to suggest that the OP contact the first agency and explain the situation politely? Bearing in mind there will be a first and 2nd choice and I very much doubt there would be much between you both with the number of contractors.

If you tell him you want out and do it in a reasonable way he won't be pleased but it is not the end of the world. Screaming and shouting isnt going to fix anything. If he offers it to second option and he takes it then whats he lost but a bit of time.

People can be reasonable sometimes, especially when there is no real option but to work together to move it forward

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Treatment of the client would be the agencies responsibility first and last, a contractor is just fodder for both after all.
    you are quite pathetic

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Erm, has anyone actually thought to suggest that the OP contact the first agency and explain the situation politely? Bearing in mind there will be a first and 2nd choice and I very much doubt there would be much between you both with the number of contractors.

If you tell him you want out and do it in a reasonable way he won't be pleased but it is not the end of the world. Screaming and shouting isnt going to fix anything. If he offers it to second option and he takes it then whats he lost but a bit of time.

People can be reasonable sometimes, especially when there is no real option but to work together to move it forward

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by gemasp View Post
    Hi guys,

I need help. I have signed contract last Friday with recruitment agency to work as C# Developer for one of the banks (bank 1). And today I got offer from another bank(bank 2). I am due to start my contract with bank 1 in one month.

Can I withdraw contract with bank 1 just because I am not happy with rate and bank 2 pays 50% more?
    What is the rate you're not happy with? And is it desktop development, web-server ASP.net stuff, or backend server? Maybe someone here might be interested to help you out.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    first contract does not start for a month (if a read it correctly)

so surely it is no problem to stop first contract as I do not think it is enforcable until the date it starts anyway

a bit out of order on the agency but they will be able to fill it with a months notice surely?
    agency should be able to fill it - there are loadsa people on the bench waiting to snap this up aren't there, but as a previous poster said, should be able to substitute someone else in if this is the case.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    And you are quite right to do so. It is part and parcel of what we agents are meant to do for our money. treatment of clients is another matter altogether.
    Treatment of the client would be the agencies responsibility first and last, a contractor is just fodder for both after all.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    I wasnt actually referring my comments to the individual who started the thread. I do have sympathy for him and at least he is discussing his situation in a pragmatic way in trying to weigh things up . My issue is with the little twerp calling himself "fullyautomatictwat"
    ahh ok then carry on . That'll teach me for reading and posting on my teeny tiny smartphone screen on my horrendous commute home.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    WHS

I've been just as ruthless as agents when it came to manipulating contracts. The only people it's 'harmed' are agencies who can go **** themselves.

How many times have I heard 'you're blacklisted' only to called by the very same agency two weeks later
    And you are quite right to do so. It is part and parcel of what we agents are meant to do for our money. treatment of clients is another matter altogether.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    thats a bit harsh. He hasn't run off whilst performing surgey with someones liver out, or in court just before performing the defense half way through a trial. Running off before even starting work is far more respectable tha leaving the job half done. He's just responding to market conditions and he could even give the clientco the chance to match the price.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X