• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to setup a search engine?"

Collapse

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I can't do much cheapness.

Classic.

Leave a comment:

• themistry
    replied
    Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
    itsn't c++ good on memory and speed which is vital for a good search engine?
    what does google use?
    Python

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    to summarise then, I need someone who does niche search engines with complex code bases, who's technology is driven by squirrells and nuts.

great anyone know someone who can do this for much cheapness.
    I can't do much cheapness.

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    replied
    to summarise then, I need someone who does niche search engines with complex code bases, who's technology is driven by squirrells and nuts.

great anyone know someone who can do this for much cheapness.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    So, does anyone do niche search engines with complex code bases?
    Good question. I think we need to know...

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    So, does anyone do niche search engines with complex code bases?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    so take it that squirels are a vital piece of the technology involved here?
    That was the missing piece - real success arrived shortly thereafter...

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    like www.clipfire.com maybe?
    Nope, mine actually work

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I do niche search engines.
    like www.clipfire.com maybe?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    FORTRAN IV.

Accept no substitutes.
    Nooooo, don't bother with that out of date rubbish. COBOL-68 is what you need!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    my mum would love that, then she could understand what the Interweb thingy is all about
    She would probably recommend Pearl, take that needle and pull the loop you just made through the old loop like so. Slip that stitch off the left hand needle and tighten it on the right one. I’m going to do it again for you. You take your right hand needle, go through the first stitch on the left hand needle from right to left. Take the yarn, make a loop over that right hand needle, and then pull the needle back through the stitch and slip it off the left handed needle. Keep doing that and then you’re pearling, and that will give you the stockinet stitch, and that’s how you pearl.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    This is getting stupid...

So nobody does niche search engines while maintaining a complex code base???

Great!!!
    I did hear that someone who posts on this forum does...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    wow, didn't think he'd get that far...... nice 1 atw, can you give us newbies some tips on how to setup a search engine?
    Don't!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Off to office - need to finish release of newly build index.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I know pagerank and who invented it, I am saying pagerank is no longer used by the Google algorithm to sort their search results.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X