• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What have you been up to RC?"

Collapse

• ctdctd
    replied
    Still waiting ........................................

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I always get dressed before going out!
    Good man, you don't want to end up like Arthur Dent.

Leave a comment:

• NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Right. I've had enough of you.

<plonk>
    I wonder if he's serious ................ oops!!! Might not have gone well guys
    Last edited by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25; 28 January 2010, 22:40.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25 View Post
    I bet he's $ hitting bricks right now!
    Right. I've had enough of you.

<plonk>

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Hmmm?

<drums fingers on table>
    I always get dressed before going out!

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    it's nice to see that in Legal they are discussing losing upto 300k and contractors v's HMRC, in general the discussion is limited to stiffy's in interviews..

I was warned by my accountant years ago about such schemes and loopholes, that the government can change rules and want the money. Anyone entering such a scheme without advice from various legal sources were foolish. Without wanting to pi$$ anyone off, we should pay our fair share of tax. If the returns offered by schemers are too good to be true, they probably are and there is a risk it'll fail. If I did personally get involved in such a scheme, I'd be well aware of the risks and would have saved the extra money just in case. I can't for example feel that sorry for someone who has banked 300k more than they would have under 'fair tax law' and squandered it doing their house up and would now face bankrupcy if they had to pay up.

Risks taken sometimes don't pay off.

So the BN66 stuff is as much BS as talking about stiffys at interviews IMO.
    Last edited by SuperZ; 28 January 2010, 14:50.

Leave a comment:

• George Parr
    replied
    Poor old RC. Today we have visions of him shopping in his dressing gown then going home to relieve himself before being interviewed. I wonder if his wife reads this.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    it's nice to see that in Legal they are discussing losing upto 300k and contractors v's HMRC, in general the discussion is limited to stiffy's in interviews..
    Spirit of the Blitz, old boy

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    well he should be already on his way there.

Hope he remembered to make sure he didnt go with a 'loaded gun' lest there be a cute HR girl in the interview with him.

Don't want him being let down by 'the boys'.
    I prefer to go with a loaded gun personally, but I love being a flirtous tart. Men can play that game also .

Hmm, someone who gets a 'stiffy' during the interview maybe is not in the right frame of mind for the interview, maybe unloading the gun beforehand might not even help with that. And self control and all that.

Leave a comment:

• NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25
    replied
    well he should be already on his way there.

Hope he remembered to make sure he didnt go with a 'loaded gun' lest there be a cute HR girl in the interview with him.

Don't want him being let down by 'the boys'.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Ah yes, he's busy at the moment.

I do hope he's out of his PJ's...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    lol, Im not stalking him, just wishing him well ............ and he's pretty funny with the stuff he writes ......... but I'll try to tone down my admiration for the man lest he gets a court order out against me!!!
    That's the spirit!

Leave a comment:

• NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Psst, NBNM25 - you're beginning to prove RC right about the stalking. Don't make it so obvious...
    lol, Im not stalking him, just wishing him well ............ and he's pretty funny with the stuff he writes ......... but I'll try to tone down my admiration for the man lest he gets a court order out against me!!!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Hopefully he'll get the job today.

Apparently its at about 3 today, I bet he's $ hitting bricks right now!
    Pot noodling

Leave a comment:

Working...
X