• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is that an horizon on the bench?"

Collapse

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
    I'm a BA. Quite a few jobs advertised but not in Telcos
    Have you looked in Sainsburys?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Is this the new 'Benched' thread?

Leave a comment:

• Hiram King Of Tyre
    replied
    I'm a BA. Quite a few jobs advertised but not in Telcos

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Things are never going to get better, are they?
    I think there have been few cases in world history where a country could say that and be accurate. No reason to think right now is anything special. Things go up, they go down, it's probably going to get better for a bit even if it does get worse afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    So is it only PM guys who are suffering then? Are there any techie guys in here who are finding it that bad?

Leave a comment:

• CalmEddie
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Surely things can't be that bad?

Is this only PM guys who are suffering? It seems like there are loads of technical contracts out there all paying decent enough rates?
    I did a linked-in search for project managers in my area. There are 2500 within 15 miles of where I live. I would estimate that 90% of them made a few phone calls on a task and called it project management. The agencies haven't got a clue what project management really is, and not many clients do either. Happy days!

Leave a comment:

• NeverBeenNorthOfTheM25
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

Is this only PM guys who are suffering? It seems like there are loads of technical contracts out there all paying decent enough rates?
    Pretty much from what I can gather here.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Supply and demand.
    Your skills are obviously not in demand.
    Retrain in ones that are.
    Not everyone is drawn towards breathing through their ears and having their tongues lengthened though sg.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Supply and demand.
    Your skills are obviously not in demand.
    Retrain in ones that are.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I'm feeling retired. I've done bugger all today.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Some weeks it feels like that - especially last week for myself.

However this week I'm going to get myself off the bench and back invoicing...

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    started a topic Is that an horizon on the bench?

Is that an horizon on the bench?

Or is it in fact a mirage? Things are never going to get better, are they? If the number of vacancies does pick up, they'll be filled by new graduates or internal promotions or Eu accession bods. Some of us on the bench have now entered early retirement methinks...

Working...
X