• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Oh, Scourer.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh, Scourer."

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Nice to see that, even then, AtW was joining in the fun in his own sweet way in TPD
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I remember the days when TPD meant hex inverters, op amps and JK flip-flops.

I posted as andyw in those days of course.
    Ah, the TTL days

Of course, Johnnies-come-lately like myself had to go backwards to find things like that - but we did

Nice to see that, even then, AtW was bitching and whining about TPD

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I remember the days when TPD meant hex inverters, op amps and JK flip-flops.

I posted as andyw in those days of course.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Or TPD II - except for those who are boycotting it and hence spreading the lurve......
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I even edited the first post to jdjdsjd and still people don't go there
    I was getting the feeling that moving to another thread would just result in that thread being closed.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Brillo.

What have you done?

If there is one thing that I have learned about this board over the years it is that when administrator speaks you must pay attention.
    And don't accuse admin of turning you in to the rozzers. Especially when you are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Brillo.

What have you done?

If there is one thing that I have learned about this board over the years it is that when administrator speaks you must pay attention.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    We do go there, just not as often as the old place. It's going to take some time to make it our new home. I try to avoid posting outside of Light Relief so I can keep my post count down and pretend I'm productive.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    If its such an orrible place, how come its always you nasties from 'over there' that keep getting banned?

TPD promotes a spirit of rebellion

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Perhaps most of the TPDenizens didn't bother keeping up with General, given what a foul and hateful place it is most of the time.
    If its such an orrible place, how come its always you nasties from 'over there' that keep getting banned?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    so why did no one bother to mention it in my time of need?
    I thought I did on the 'phone. Did I not? I had intended to.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Or TPD II - except for those who are boycotting it and hence spreading the lurve......

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    so since the demise of tpd you 'TPDenizens' have had nowhere to go other than General and the BN66 threads....'

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    It could hardly be an exclusive club when there are about 350 distinct users who have posted there, and there was a link to it on the home page virtually all the time

Perhaps most of the TPDenizens didn't bother keeping up with General, given what a foul and hateful place it is most of the time. Most of those who prefer General would rather have given you grief than try to help.
    so since the demise of tpd you 'TPDenizens' have had nowhere to go other than General and the BN66 threads, accounting for the demise of one such long term poster who needed a 'warm eiderdown on a frosty day, hot chocolate laced with Malibu, a back rub with essential oils ....'

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
    Total posts in Technical

AtW: 500 plus

TykeMerc: 63

To say he hasn't contributed to the board is complete drivel.

HTH
    Doesn't mean any of them were useful

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    so why did no one bother to mention it in my time of need? Sounds like an exclusive club to me...
    It could hardly be an exclusive club when there are about 350 distinct users who have posted there, and there was a link to it on the home page virtually all the time

Perhaps most of the TPDenizens didn't bother keeping up with General, given what a foul and hateful place it is most of the time. Most of those who prefer General would rather have given you grief than try to help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X