• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I have been selected...."

Collapse

• jimjamuk
    replied
    just make sure as you all leave that your the one wheelspinning your car out the car park in front of your fellow converts............

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    And 12 points on his licence as well.
    no please, mrs Norr, dont tell me you can actually fail these blooming courses.

oh waily waily

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    Just start fiddling with yourself and moaning in pleasure during the part where they show you the horrific crash videos and you'll probably be allowed to go home by dinner.
    And 12 points on his licence as well.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Do you get to hoon a BMW around a skid pan, or is it all just looking at gore vids?
    we dont have hoons over here, just boy racers, chavs , scumbags and the occasional respectable, hard done by, responsible, mature, hard working and unfairly caught, gentlemen. <cough>

Leave a comment:

• Scary
    replied
    Do you get to hoon a BMW around a skid pan, or is it all just looking at gore vids?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Good idea. Mitch, I set you a challenge

you have six days to come up with the most outrageous cover story that I can hit my fellow speedsters with. Something really funny

The nice young lady who was resting her head in my lap accidentally kicked the accelerator pedal when her efforts were rewarded with a thorough dousing of babyjuice.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Just start fiddling with yourself and moaning in pleasure during the part where they show you the horrific crash videos and you'll probably be allowed to go home by dinner.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I do hope we'll be given a full report of the day's events including a summary of what you learn and amusing anecdotes from your fellow graduates.
    Good idea. Mitch, I set you a challenge

you have six days to come up with the most outrageous cover story that I can hit my fellow speedsters with. Something really funny

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I do hope we'll be given a full report of the day's events including a summary of what you learn and amusing anecdotes from your fellow graduates.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    I didn't get that opportunity - they must like you.
    I think they have some criteria, like 1 or 2 mph over and they offer you the course, over that and you get the points

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    I didn't get that opportunity - they must like you.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Well done!!

Excellent news - something else to put on your CV!!

I think...
    Yes, they use some sort of radar device, hidden in a white van, to detect people with special brain exhaust fumes, and when I came round that corner I bet it lit up like a Christmas tree.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I have been selected to go on a speed awareness course on the 22nd January,
    Wohoo! I was also lucky enough to be one of the chosen few selected for said jolly a while back.

In my excitement i never actually bothered responding to any correspondance they sent me and as a special reward i had my license autographed with a special message handwritten by a genuine DVLA elf.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    They send speeders on those courses in Holland too, but they charge about 1500 euros for the privilege.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Well done!!

Excellent news - something else to put on your CV!!

I think...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X