• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Iraq and Iran

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Iraq and Iran"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    If you wanna place yourself amongst the dictators and politicians of the world then that's your choice.

Just because politics is dirty and politicians are dirty people does not mean that they can never do the right thing. Politicians over the years have provided us with Schools, Universities (I guess not so much now), the NHS (thats not a joke) and some system to adhere to.

Blair was right to help get rid of Saddam what he did wrong was plan what to do afterwards, simples.
    You are not as good as some of our past trolls. They actually seemed older than 14.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    You are Sandy Down and I claim my five pillars.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    It was you who said we were bad. not me.
    Amazing how a statement aimed at those who had posted until that point also applies to everybody who posted after that point.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    If you wanna place yourself amongst the dictators and politicians of the world then that's your choice.

You guys are a disgrace to humanity. You only think of lining your own pockets. Do you know how many million were killed by Saddam? How many millions buried in mass graves, tortured, executed in front of their own families.

Do you even know any Iraqis? They are human beings not just numbers. The invasion got rid of the worst dictator (to his own people) that mankind has witnessed.

You guys are low life scum. I hope one day you face the same torment that Iraqis felt over 40 years so you can remember saying just that.
    It was you who said we were bad. not me.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Once we have established that everyone is bad (except you), do we intervene against people like Sadam, or do we not ? Do we take the least baddest course of action ? or do we do nothing.

Just because politics is dirty and politicians are dirty people does not mean that they can never do the right thing. Politicians over the years have provided us with Schools, Universities (I guess not so much now), the NHS (thats not a joke) and some system to adhere to.

Blair was right to help get rid of Saddam what he did wrong was plan what to do afterwards, simples.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    That's not a bad summing up.
    Captain Kirk. He was a bad un

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    hang on another minute.

Once we have established that everyone is bad (except you), do we intervene against people like Sadam, or do we not ? Do we take the least baddest course of action ? or do we do nothing.

It's difficult when you are bad, like me, to know what the right thing to do is.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Hang on, let me get me ead round this.
    Sadam was bad, the West is bad. Al Quaeda is bad, the Israelis are bad, The Russians are bad, the Chinks are bad, Stalin was bad and Mugabe is bad. Us scum contractors are bad.
    Everyone is bad. Except you of course.
    Politics is a dirty dirty game is my actual point if you had the brain capacity to realise that. The point is that its the innocent children, women and men who suffer as a result of these dirty games and not the politicians themselves. Look at all the dead british soldiers - games of blair and brown.

Keeping Saddam in power was to the political/strategic/economical etc interests of the West but the families being slaughtered in the millions including little babies and children (if your heart is to hard to feel for normal people like you and me) are the ones who pay the real price.

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Saddam

The West is as bad if not worse than the evil dictators they keep in power. However they did a good think (regardless of their intentions) in getting rid of Saddam and Iraq and the world will be better for it.
    By ridding the world of one dictator and losing lives, money, global status in the process and debatably leaving a larger more powerful Islamic theocracy, and a weaker west for equal or more loss of life...

Exactly how does this improve geopolitical stability?

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    But even if for one minute I believe the war in Iraq, "was the right thing to do for the people of Iraq", the point I am trying to make is that it appears that all our, money, fire power , lives of soldiers etc has pretty much played into the hands of an fundementalist Islamic regime, ergo we are fighting a war for the benefit of an ideology we are trying to defeat. Suitable quote to sum it, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
    Obviously you have not done your research into the "ideology" in Iraq. Go and do some research before discriminating against an entire religion or people.

1) The Shia of Iraq are politically quietest as compared to those in Iran
    2) Iraq contains significant minorities of Kurds and Sunni Muslims
    3) The current establishment is friendly to the West and will remain so whilst having the support of the majority of Iraqis
    4) Iraq is much more diverse than is made out to be by the media. Many of the "Shias" are communists, against the political-religious establishment and secular.
    5) Due to the terrorists emmerging from foreign/regional regions, the political establishment needs to find some way of pleasing the other minorities particularly the sunnis and the kurds
    6) Iraq is in fact on of the only real democracies in the World - which is one of the things the West has been banging on about. This is actually true for a change. If you look at their political process it is one of the most free and real democracies around. I know this has not yielded results but given time it will

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I never defended the West. They are just as bad as Saddam for keeping him in power, they had the choice to get rid of him or not in the 1991 uprising but decided to keep him in power.

The West is as bad if not worse than the evil dictators they keep in power. However they did a good think (regardless of their intentions) in getting rid of Saddam and Iraq and the world will be better for it.
    Hang on, let me get me ead round this.
    Sadam was bad, the West is bad. Al Quaeda is bad, the Israelis are bad, The Russians are bad, the Chinks are bad, Stalin was bad and Mugabe is bad. Us scum contractors are bad.
    Everyone is bad. Except you of course.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Do you know how many millions were killed by USSR/NKVD/KGB? Yet former KGB agents are now buying London newspapers...

The West supported Saddam pretty heavily back in 80s, he was certainly killing plenty of people back then.
    I never defended the West. They are just as bad as Saddam for keeping him in power, they had the choice to get rid of him or not in the 1991 uprising but decided to keep him in power.

The West is as bad if not worse than the evil dictators they keep in power. However they did a good thing (regardless of their intentions) in getting rid of Saddam and Iraq and the world will be better for it.
    Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 4 January 2010, 10:45.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    Unfortunately, when new labour are deposed, I dont think we will be able to see Blair and Brown swinging from ropes on dodgy mobile phone footage like we did Saddam.
    Maybe not.............but it'll still look good on Blu-Ray!!

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Nl

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Well we have had NL for nearly 13 years, so Yaargghh Boo and Sucks to you!
    Unfortunately, when new labour are deposed, I dont think we will be able to see Blair and Brown swinging from ropes on dodgy mobile phone footage like we did Saddam.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I hope one day you face the same torment that Iraqis felt over 40 years so you can remember saying just that.
    Well we have had NL for nearly 13 years, so Yaargghh Boo and Sucks to you!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X