• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iraq and Iran

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    All speculation of course, but more than 1 source has said that we're interfering in the Middle East just to keep Israel as the top dog in the region. Not that we're in any way successful, but it could all be part of the "big game"
    FTFY.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      All speculation of course, but more than 1 source has said that we're interfering in the Middle East just to keep China out. Not that we're in any way successful, but it could all be part of the "big game"
      Lots of speculation on the usual conspiracy sites about the Delta airline incident being a 'false flag op' in preparation for possible action in the Yemen, now both the British and US embassies are closed.

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        I've always said that deposing Saddam was a massive blunder.

He was perfect person to make deal with - cheap oil in exchange for support like in old times (minus WMDs).

Oil would have been at $10 now, and lots of problems in the world would not have happened.

Another bonus - Chelski would not have won any titles in that period.
        You guys are a disgrace to humanity. You only think of lining your own pockets. Do you know how many million were killed by Saddam? How many millions buried in mass graves, tortured, executed in front of their own families.

Do you even know any Iraqis? They are human beings not just numbers. The invasion got rid of the worst dictator (to his own people) that mankind has witnessed.

You guys are low life scum. I hope one day you face the same torment that Iraqis felt over 40 years so you can remember saying just that.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          You guys are a disgrace to humanity. You only think of lining your own pockets. Do you know how many million were killed by Saddam? How many millions buried in mass graves, tortured, executed in front of their own families.
          Do you know how many millions were killed by USSR/NKVD/KGB? Yet former KGB agents are now buying London newspapers...

The West supported Saddam pretty heavily back in 80s, he was certainly killing plenty of people back then.

Comment

Expedience

Do you even know any Iraqis? They are human beings not just numbers. The invasion got rid of the worst dictator (to his own people) that mankind has witnessed.

You guys are low life scum. I hope one day you face the same torment that Iraqis felt over 40 years so you can remember saying just that.

Do you know how many people have died owing to human rights abuses in Uzbekistan? Rumour has it one of their favourites is dipping people in boiling water. But they support us in the war on terror so we look the other way, as far as I know we actually gave that government aid.

Do you know how much "collateral damage", how many maimings, deaths and human rights abuses their have been in the ME theatre of war?

If you want to do body counts, war usually kills more people

Personally, sorry to say, but if you buy into this "Saddam was an evil dictator, so we are doing the right thing" cr@p, so be it but IMO, this war, as all wars has been about money and preservation of power.

But even if for one minute I believe the war in Iraq, "was the right thing to do for the people of Iraq", the point I am trying to make is that it appears that all our, money, fire power , lives of soldiers etc has pretty much played into the hands of an fundementalist Islamic regime, ergo we are fighting a war for the benefit of an ideology we are trying to defeat. Suitable quote to sum it, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
            There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Well said Sunnysan.

Referring to the article in the Independent; it was not written by the Independent but by the Iraq Liberal Party.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I hope one day you face the same torment that Iraqis felt over 40 years so you can remember saying just that.
                Well we have had NL for nearly 13 years, so Yaargghh Boo and Sucks to you!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Nl

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Well we have had NL for nearly 13 years, so Yaargghh Boo and Sucks to you!
                  Unfortunately, when new labour are deposed, I dont think we will be able to see Blair and Brown swinging from ropes on dodgy mobile phone footage like we did Saddam.
                  There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
                    Unfortunately, when new labour are deposed, I dont think we will be able to see Blair and Brown swinging from ropes on dodgy mobile phone footage like we did Saddam.
                    Maybe not.............but it'll still look good on Blu-Ray!!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Do you know how many millions were killed by USSR/NKVD/KGB? Yet former KGB agents are now buying London newspapers...

The West supported Saddam pretty heavily back in 80s, he was certainly killing plenty of people back then.
                      I never defended the West. They are just as bad as Saddam for keeping him in power, they had the choice to get rid of him or not in the 1991 uprising but decided to keep him in power.

The West is as bad if not worse than the evil dictators they keep in power. However they did a good thing (regardless of their intentions) in getting rid of Saddam and Iraq and the world will be better for it.
                      Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 4 January 2010, 10:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X