• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "boiler dead and snow is forecast..."

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    In other news, my neighbours are angry gypsies, people keep pissing on my shoes, I gave someone a limp, one-finger handshake today and I need a replacement for my 1.6 Fiesta runabout, which has been towed & taken to the crusher by a local mafia thug.
    Tune in again soon for exciting new developments in Wilmslow's life.

Dum dee dum dum Dum, Dum dee dum da da dumda dum, daaardddy dum.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Have you tried bleeding the radiators?
    Oi! That's my line

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    ..and we've just realised that the house has got cold and there's no reassuring hum from under the stairs.

..or a pilot light in the boiler.

Oh Dear.

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    ..and we've just realised that the house has got cold and there's no reassuring hum from under the stairs.

..or a pilot light in the boiler.

Oh Dear.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    We have the same problem at the mo - the PCB needs replacing in the boiler, which keeps sparking as it isn't aware it's lit, which in turn means the burner cuts out every few seconds.

No hot water or heating - but we have an electric shower and an excellent De Longhi 3Kw convector heater which heats up a room in 2min.

Plumber is currently on-site 3 hours after calling him, so no complaints.

There you have it - my Wilmslo-esque post for the day.

In other news, my neighbours are angry gypsies, people keep pissing on my shoes, I gave someone a limp, one-finger handshake today and I need a replacement for my 1.6 Fiesta runabout, which has been towed & taken to the crusher by a local mafia thug.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I quite often have a cold shower as part of my Therapy
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Hmmm did no one on this thread suggest a cold shower? Not only is that good overall therapy but it kills the flu virus stone dead.
    I quite often have a cold shower just for the shock value.
    Sheesh the yoof of today

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Leave the stove, and oven on, also little electric convector heaters, are worth while.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Lucky woman.

Did the squirrels object?

They ate her.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I hear she stayed at AtW's bedsit for the duration.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Is the boiler fixed yet?

Or have you got pneumonia now?

If she got pneumonia and was in hospital we would never hear from her again especially if it was one of these - top hospitals

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Is your shift key broken?
    LOL!

(is that the best you've got?)

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    wasn't going to reply to this, as i can never understand what people get out of being snarly and righteous to others, but that is a topic for another day.

my problem is not a question of being namby whatever, i don't live in a third world country (in spite of gordon's efforts) and i seriously don't give a toss about what they do or don't do. i feel lucky that i have what i have and i pay a lot of money to have it, it comes down to contractual obligation which is what my original question was about.

as for having the flu shot, bully for you!
    Is your shift key broken?

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Your post typifies why Britain is a nation of namby pambies. FFS, the landlord is doing what he can, most landlords would not act as quick as yours. The majority of people on Earth sleep on the floor, don’t have running hot water or even an inside loo.

Go and buy a fan heater, £10 and a hot water bottle £2 from ASDA. Body wash yourself with hot water boiled from the kettle. If you were in fever at hospital all they would do would be to give you a bed wash with a flannel.

As for catching flu, I have no sympathy with that because the vaccine has been available for months and as a contractor you should have paid your £8 and be vaccinated.
    wasn't going to reply to this, as i can never understand what people get out of being snarly and righteous to others, but that is a topic for another day.

my problem is not a question of being namby whatever, i don't live in a third world country (in spite of gordon's efforts) and i seriously don't give a toss about what they do or don't do. i feel lucky that i have what i have and i pay a lot of money to have it, it comes down to contractual obligation which is what my original question was about.

as for having the flu shot, bully for you!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Your post typifies why Britain is a nation of namby pambies. FFS, the landlord is doing what he can, most landlords would not act as quick as yours. The majority of people on Earth sleep on the floor, don’t have running hot water or even an inside loo.

Go and buy a fan heater, £10 and a hot water bottle £2 from ASDA. Body wash yourself with hot water boiled from the kettle. If you were in fever at hospital all they would do would be to give you a bed wash with a flannel.

As for catching flu, I have no sympathy with that because the vaccine has been available for months and as a contractor you should have paid your £8 and be vaccinated.
    Calm down.

She doesn't have flu just some diarrhoea and vomiting bug.

And yes it is always those whose landlord's give them dates quite quickly of when something is going to be repaired who complain the most.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X