• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'll bet they were glad to have a firearm at home to defend themselves"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

free

Whatever - off you go and don't bang the door on your way out.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Maybe you would be better off in a more imperialist country.

free

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Cowards.

This explains why British Empire is no more.

1) Shut up calling people cowards
    2) Do you really think it's a bad thing we don't run half the world soley for our gain any more? I don't. Maybe you would be better off in a more imperialist country.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I personally bought (with considerable personal expense) CS spray cans to ladies in our Uni class on a Soviet day which is UK's equivalent of "Valentine's Day".

I never thought I'd see a day when innoncent CS spray gas would be deemed as an illegal firearm, something is very wrong in this country that makes it illegal something that even in USSR was pretty much legal.

I am sure that rapists, murderers, other criminals, <removed> are okay with the current situation - can't say the same for the victims of the crimes that could have been saved with CS spray can worth £1.
    Before anyone jokes saying "we're you that tempted ?", I wanted to ask, was it that bad in Russia ?
    Last edited by scotspine; 2 January 2010, 15:11. Reason: edited to reflect original

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Sometimes it takes a fresh pair of eyes that have come from another country to show how ridiculous we are ?
    I personally bought (with considerable personal expense) CS spray cans to ladies in our Uni class on a Soviet day which is UK's equivalent of "Valentine's Day".

I never thought I'd see a day when innoncent CS spray gas would be deemed as an illegal firearm, something is very wrong in this country that makes it illegal something that even in USSR was pretty much legal.

I am sure that rapists, murderers, other criminals, <removed> are okay with the current situation - can't say the same for the victims of the crimes that could have been saved with CS spray can worth £1.
    Last edited by scotspine; 2 January 2010, 15:11. Reason: slur on board member

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Feel free to never come back, I'm sure there are plenty that are sick of your pathetic trolling.
    I was just about to say that I'll only be back when proper firearms ownership is legal in this country but I decided to stick around anyway

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Sometimes it takes a fresh pair of eyes that have come from another country to show how ridiculous we are ?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I ************************* will...

I'll need better support than this forum though - maybe I should check out hippies forum, can't do any worse than on here
    Feel free to never come back, I'm sure there are plenty that are sick of your pathetic trolling.

In the past I've agreed (at least partially) with some of your posts, but quite frankly you're now a worse troll than Cyberman which is a shame.

Sadly you've not come out with enough outrageously offensive stuff to get an actual ban.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
    You could always try taking up a test case
    I ************************* will...

I'll need better support than this forum though - maybe I should check out hippies forum, can't do any worse than on here

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    It's bollox.
    Self defence is not good reason but killing cute fluffy creatures is?

Just how the **** this country ended up deciding that self defense isn't a good reason?
    and yet the law states:

http://www.statutelaw.gov.uk/content...tDocId=1518621

Originally posted by BillOfRights;
    Subjects’ Arms.
    That the Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defence suitable to their Conditions and as allowed by Law.
    Its only the Home Office Guidelines To Police that dictates that your defence is not good reason.

You could always try taking up a test case

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Yep - grey squirrels are my favourite quarry - taste good too
    ************!

Ban all farmers now!!!

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    It's bollox.

Just how the **** this country ended up deciding that self defense isn't a good reason?

If you are so effing tolerant then you should tolerate me easily
    Yep - grey squirrels are my favourite quarry - taste good too

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You can own a shotgun, rifle or pistol - you just have to have good reason for the last two and personal security is not good reason apparently (even though our bill of rights says it is) for most people, unless you are (or have been) an MP or an agent of the government.
    It's bollox.

If you are so effing tolerant then you should tolerate me easily

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Very good point. (Pun intended)

We have a choice of weapons to deter attackers. The replica Egyptian dagger, the modern Prague fencing foil, a 3 foot blunt gothic sword, a sharp gothic dagger, several walking sticks (one with a spike for walking on ice) and Halo's farts.

I tell ya, they are doomed right from the get go.
    but as soon as you use it you will be committing an offence and will be locked up and the burglars will be let off and allowed to sue for compensation (if they live)

Leave a comment:

• FarmerPalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    In that case why do you need a pistol?

It is quite legal to own a shotgun if you have applied for a license and fitted a secure shotgun cabinet into your home. It is quite legal to own a variety of axes that you could keep under your bed/pillow. You could even own a large array of swords (although I believe curved ones may be an issue now) which are normally kept suspended on various walls around your house. how about a divers knife in the bedside cabinet (again quite legal and would cause a hell of a lot of damage if used for the wrong reasons).

Do you really need a pistol to add to the above list?

If you do, does it have to be a live pistol, most people don't know the difference between blank firers and real pistols. That should be enough to scare them off, especially if you shoot it in their general direction.

To be honest I really don't understand why you are getting so up tight about it, there are lots of options available to you if you really want them....
    You can own a shotgun, rifle or pistol - you just have to have good reason for the last two and personal security is not good reason apparently (even though our bill of rights says it is) for most people, unless you are (or have been) an MP or an agent of the government.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X