• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The OCD thread

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The OCD thread"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I don't have any OCD behaviours.

Except CUK.
    I have the urge to clean my keyboard every time I use it.

Just to get the crumbs, cornflakes, chocolate, cake, gravy and dribble from between the keys really

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I don't have any OCD behaviours.

Except CUK.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    i completely agree!!!

i think alot of diseases are now trendy to have OCD, Autism, Dyslexia (big one in the eighties this was to describe thick fu<<ers who could not spell).

A lot of the stories people have mentioned in this thread do not point towards OCD they actually point towards an inability to change - e.g this is what we have always done so this is what we shall always do without ever stopping to think about what they are actually doing and why they are doing it.
    Actually my younger brother has Dyslexia, he has struggled with it his whole life and despite being of above average IQ, with an excellent maths ability, he still puts letters/words backwards and mirror writes occasionally and can't see what's wrong until he compares with type written words. He avoids handwriting as much as possible now, and uses word processing.

I actually wish I had his maths ability

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    i completely agree!!!

i think alot of diseases are now trendy to have OCD, Autism, Dyslexia (big one in the eighties this was to describe thick fu<<ers who could not spell).

A lot of the stories people have mentioed in this thread do not point towards OCD they actually point towards an in ability to change - e.g this is what we have always done so this is what we shall always do without ever stopping to think about what they are actually doing and why they are doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    my brother does the car stereo not being on an odd number

I bought a wii this xmas (white one) and bought and extra controller (black one) both my missus and brother were up in arms - like wtf

but seriously I just have one question about OCD - before it was diagnosed as a mental condition (or whatever it is) did people simply not have it or were they in all but the most extreme of cases just classed as pointless whinging fu<wits?
    The latter I think

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    my brother does the car stereo not being on an odd number

I bought a wii this xmas (white one) and bought and extra controller (black one) both my missus and brother were up in arms - like wtf

but seriously I just have one question about OCD - before it was diagnosed as a mental condition (or whatever it is) did people simply not have it or were they in all but the most extreme of cases just classed as pointless whinging fu<wits?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Everytime I see this thread I have to make the same response.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I insist on giving my users a stream of abuse every morning.
    that sets you up for the day then?
    He's suffering at the moment - he used to then post on TPD about it

There was a tangentially-related thing on one of 37signals' ragbag-of-unrelated-stuff blog posts the other year:
    Jason showed us this email he received: “When you heat up leftovers in the microwave, what time do you enter? 2:30 or 2:22? One is close enough and much faster.”

I assume the original missive was referring to microwaves where you can push the 2 button three times instead of pushing the 2, 3 and 0 buttons - it wouldn't make so much difference on one of those where you have separate buttons for minutes and seconds

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    The whole syndrome has reached epidemic proportions in parts of West Scotland and also in Ulster. To the extent that there are gaggles of sourfaced weary-willies traipsing up and down the streets in comic garb celebrating some 17th century battle. Hilarious to behold, but you shouldn't laugh as they have no sense of humour. All Bowler hats and tangerine sashes like the Homepride Boys' adaptation of the Jarrow Crusade!!

I was told that placing a speaker out the window whilst Randy Newman sung "short people" to them might help, the patents refused the medication and had a bottle slung at the window

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    I cannot bear to see the lids off pens that are not being used so I will always put the lid back on or retract the nib if I spot one that needs attention, anywhere.

I don't think that is OCD though, just conservation of ink resources.

I manage to function fairly well despite of it.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    The whole syndrome has reached epidemic proportions in parts of West Scotland and also in Ulster. To the extent that there are gaggles of sourfaced weary-willies traipsing up and down the streets in comic garb celebrating some 17th century battle. Hilarious to behold, but you shouldn't laugh as they have no sense of humour. All Bowler hats and tangerine sashes like the Homepride Boys' adaptation of the Jarrow Crusade!!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I am pretty bad for it, takes me 5 minutes to get out the house as I have to check all the doors, windows an plugs. Refuse to eat anything unless I have washed my hands and if I have to go through doors between eating and washing my hands I have to use a paper towel to open the doors.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Everytime I see this thread I have to make the same response.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    that sets you up for the day then?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X