• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Chip Shop Tea

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chip Shop Tea"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    That's because Euroland apartment blocks don't have drives to slip on.
    Hmmm, we have a path about 50m long then a few steps up and then another 20m so plenty to slip on. Normally they just drive their mopeds up to the door anyway, seen them do that in ice and snow, mad buggers some of them.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Bloody wimps, quite often order takeaway in sheidt weather. Got a couple of pizzas the other night when there was over 6 inches of snow on the road and it was chocking it down. Probably the difference between British and European work ethic (so much for the Thatcher service industry )
    That's because Euroland apartment blocks don't have drives to slip on.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    4. Takeaways won't deliver (see 1)
    Bloody wimps, quite often order takeaway in sheidt weather. Got a couple of pizzas the other night when there was over 6 inches of snow on the road and it was chocking it down. Probably the difference between British and European work ethic (so much for the Thatcher service industry )

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Where in the world are you?

If up norf, and it's a proper chippie, then fish, chips, mushy peas and Irn Bru.

If darn sarf, or it's not a proper chippie, then chicken and mushroom pie, chips, beans, gravy and Irn Bru.

Proper chippie: no skin on the fish (leaving the skin on is a filthy southern practice), no bones in the fish, cooked in fat (not poncy tepid vegetable oil).
    WHS!

Edit: although a proper northern chippy will have closed about 8 minutes ago.
    Often true but not necessarily.

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    I'd go pudd'n chips and gravy if i were you.
    mmmm. Manna From Heaven, that is.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Chips and gravy - ugh!

Mind you, where my cousin lives over in Derbyshire they used to get Cheesy Chips. Even worse.

Leave a comment:

• downsouth
    replied
    still open down ere, gotta try the Fishcake, chips n curry sauce (or beans if u prefer)

Washed down with a flagon of cider from the off-licence

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Be serious - Chip butty
    WHS

Get a pie too!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    It's shut! FFS!

How about the off-licence? Is that open?

8 cans of lager and a couple of bags of crisps. A bachelor's dinner.

Or just go to the pub.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    If darn sarf, or it's not a proper chippie, then chicken and mushroom pie, chips, beans, gravy and Irn Bru.
    Gravy? I remember asking for chips and gravy in that London once and being met with confusion. Graaaaavy? What is this Graaaaaavy you speak of northern monkey?

I'd go pudd'n chips and gravy if i were you.

Edit - just seen its closed so Super Noodle butty it is then.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    It's shut! FFS!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Think I'll get my big coat on, go for a wander and see what looks good.
    WAIT.
    phew dont go yet.

check with the missus for milk , bread etc.

bring back a cargo, it might be your last chance for a while.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    So my only option within walking is the chippy. Haven't been for years. What would the panel recommend?
    Where in the world are you?

If up norf, and it's a proper chippie, then fish, chips, mushy peas and Irn Bru.

Proper chippie: no skin on the fish (leaving the skin on is a filthy southern practice), no bones in the fish, cooked in fat (not poncy tepid vegetable oil).

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Think I'll get my big coat on, go for a wander and see what looks good.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    curry sauce. it might be chinese curry sauce - thin runny but tasty.

it might be northern curry, thick , with raisins and bits of fruit and spud. mmmm. that will put hairs on yer chest

oh, and a pie

Leave a comment:

Working...
X