• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chip Shop Tea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    So my only option within walking is the chippy. Haven't been for years. What would the panel recommend?
    Where in the world are you?

If up norf, and it's a proper chippie, then fish, chips, mushy peas and Irn Bru.

If darn sarf, or it's not a proper chippie, then chicken and mushroom pie, chips, beans, gravy and Irn Bru.

Proper chippie: no skin on the fish (leaving the skin on is a filthy southern practice), no bones in the fish, cooked in fat (not poncy tepid vegetable oil).

Edit: although a proper northern chippy will have closed about 8 minutes ago.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Think I'll get my big coat on, go for a wander and see what looks good.
      WAIT.
      phew dont go yet.

check with the missus for milk , bread etc.

bring back a cargo, it might be your last chance for a while.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

It's shut! FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          If darn sarf, or it's not a proper chippie, then chicken and mushroom pie, chips, beans, gravy and Irn Bru.
          Gravy? I remember asking for chips and gravy in that London once and being met with confusion. Graaaaavy? What is this Graaaaaavy you speak of northern monkey?

I'd go pudd'n chips and gravy if i were you.

Edit - just seen its closed so Super Noodle butty it is then.

Comment

It's shut! FFS!

How about the off-licence? Is that open?

8 cans of lager and a couple of bags of crisps. A bachelor's dinner.

Or just go to the pub.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
              Be serious - Chip butty
              WHS

Get a pie too!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

still open down ere, gotta try the Fishcake, chips n curry sauce (or beans if u prefer)

Washed down with a flagon of cider from the off-licence

Comment

Chips and gravy - ugh!

Mind you, where my cousin lives over in Derbyshire they used to get Cheesy Chips. Even worse.
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
                    I'd go pudd'n chips and gravy if i were you.
                    mmmm. Manna From Heaven, that is.
                    Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Where in the world are you?

If up norf, and it's a proper chippie, then fish, chips, mushy peas and Irn Bru.

Proper chippie: no skin on the fish (leaving the skin on is a filthy southern practice), no bones in the fish, cooked in fat (not poncy tepid vegetable oil).
                      WHS!

Often true but not necessarily.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X