• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Why

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Certainly not. I have never advocated stingeyness and I won't start now!
    Bleeding renters, they don't know they're born!
    Hear Hear!

Tenants should be unseen and unheard as far as I'm concerned.

They've got far too many rights too

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    How many times have you argued that in Tescos. If your bill comes to 105 quid see that they do if you offer them 100 cash!
    My childhood was scarred by having to stand there in M&S while my Mum tried to get a discount because she was buying 5 pairs of y-fronts.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Oi SunnySan, f**k her! Seriously, you might get a discount!

Leave a comment:

• shoes
    replied
    Does she want to lose

mortgage payment + council tax + heating cost over winter

or

mortgage payment - rent

per month?

Stand firm, if she had a better offer she'd take it.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    On the same vein, if I go into Tesco and choose a box of Jaffa cakes for £2 and when I get to the counter after accidentally bashing the box up a bit I tell the checkout person that I feel they are damaged, he/she is not going to turn round and say, that is the mugs price, I will let them go for £1,50
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Ok

How many times have you argued that in Tescos. If your bill comes to 105 quid see that they do if you offer them 100 cash!
    Well if I went to tesco and there was one box of turkey twizzlers left and when I got to the counter the checkout person said that, although the are marked £1.50, there are three people that want them. The checkout person is not going to start a bidding war

On the same vein, if I go into Tesco and choose a box of Jaffa cakes for £2 and when I get to the counter I tell the checkout person that I feel they are overpriced, he/she is not going to turn roound and say, that is the mugs price, I will let them go for £1,50

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    Not what she would have said if I could not afford my rent payments.
    Quite. So accept her counter offer and after the first rent, claim to have run into financial difficulties.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    When I have rented I've never paid the asking price. You should be able to get at least 5% off.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Never have. However, I can exercise my rights to find another supplier of the same goods at a better price.

Your turn.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    RRP <------------ The clue is in the title.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Fair point.

TBH, on reflection, if she is stretched financially to cover the mortgage, she may not have money to deal with any issues/repairs that may arise with the property (boiler, plumbing etc) once you move in.
    Especially as there's only way for interest rates to go.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Do you also haggle in supermarket? Or when posting letters?

Some prices are take it or leave it.
    RRP <------------ The clue is in the title.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by lexington_spurs View Post
    and when the property is repossessed and the tenants are out on ye olde street? sunnysan, I'd tell the landlady she needs to put down 3 months rental deposit with you to cover your additional risk. Cheeky b.tch.
    Fair point.

TBH, on reflection, if she is stretched financially to cover the mortgage, she may not have money to deal with any issues/repairs that may arise with the property (boiler, plumbing etc) once you move in.

Leave a comment:

• lexington_spurs
    replied
    sunnysan - if you are not hung up about this particular property, then tell the landlady to do one.

FFS, if she is overstretched by the mortgage, then that's her lookout not the (potential) tenants.
    and when the property is repossessed and the tenants are out on ye olde street? sunnysan, I'd tell the landlady she needs to put down 3 months rental deposit with you to cover your additional risk. Cheeky b.tch.

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Rents in W8,W2

sunnysan - if you are not hung up about this particular property, then tell the landlady to do one.

FFS, if she is overstretched by the mortgage, then that's her lookout not the (potential) tenants.
    Its a sh1thole in a nice location. Certainly not worth what she is asking, silly cow can go bankrupt with an empty flat for all I care.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X