• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Market seems to be bouyant"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    “Neither a borrower, nor a lender be; for loan oft loses both itself and friend.”
    Polonius - before Hamlet stabbed him through the Arras.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by mcquiggd
    Ewww, I dont want you anywhere near my balls ta!

Ive got a 'friend' who owes me money you could have a go at though, although I think hes more likely to be a breakfast snack for Zeitghost shortly...
    “Neither a borrower, nor a lender be; for loan oft loses both itself and friend.”

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Ewww, I dont want you anywhere near my balls ta!

Ive got a 'friend' who owes me money you could have a go at though, although I think hes more likely to be a breakfast snack for Zeitghost shortly...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by mcquiggd
    You mean youve been licking yer balls - or maybe Spod's Spuds - all day....
    Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates
    Put my head above the parapit, tentatively just to see what was up and within 300 milliseconds got a telephone call (even though I hadn't given my telephone Nr ), and got a list of about 10 roles.

Probably not chase them up as I already agreed to a paltry rate rise.
    My client was looking for Java wonks, and made several offers, but in each case the person turned down the offer the day before they were due to start as they had had an interview the day before, and an offer later in the day which they tool. So I'm trying for a modest rise come the current extension.

Fungus.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    I've had 300 Job Offers today alone!

Churchill - In "McQ - Threaded's Apprentice" mode!

You mean youve been licking yer balls - or maybe Spod's Spuds - all day....

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    put some of those my way, BB, there's a good lad
    Ta
    No probs, but all in London 'm afraid, and I mean it sounds good, but from experience I have to be put forward for about 30 roles before I get feedback from the agent that the client is slightly interested. From about 50 roles I get a technical test, which I can't answer anyway.

But still......better than last year

Leave a comment:

• Xerxes
    replied
    Buoyant.

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    Hate this time of year.

I'm one of those unlucky enough to look like Santa.
    Gosh how original some of these jokers are.........

RS

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Depends what role you are looking for. I hear there are tons of Santa jobs going at the moment but these tend to drop off towards the new year.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates
    Put my head above the parapit, tentatively just to see what was up and within 300 milliseconds got a telephone call (even though I hadn't given my telephone Nr ), and got a list of about 10 roles.
    put some of those my way, BB, there's a good lad
    Ta

ps parapet

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I've had 300 Job Offers today alone!

Churchill - In "McQ - Threaded's Apprentice" mode!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Must be. Even I have an interview next week.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    started a topic Market seems to be bouyant

Market seems to be bouyant

Probably not chase them up as I already agreed to a paltry rate rise.

Working...
X