• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Outrageous: Cricketting burglar-basher jailed"

Collapse

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I thought the penalty for carrying a knife was supposed to be quite high - 5 years or so. So this guy burgled a house and tied up and threatened the occupants with a knife. The knife part of that alone should have been 5 years
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...S&attr=2015164

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Classic Daily Mail Commentard

So did Linda read the article, emigrate out of disgust and then comment from her new home?
    I certainly hope so.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Surely a Mashie Niblick would be more appropriate?
    Good point, but given the demise of the cricket bat I'd be a bit worried the hickory shaft wouldn't be up to the job.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Make a spectacular getaway in his car
    Stopping only to shag a tree on the way out of his drive.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    He'd shag them.
    Make a spectacular getaway in his car

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    What would Tiger do?
    He'd shag them.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by ASB View Post
    I think your lob wedge would be much better for dealing with shins. Slice through them so much easier than a 9 iron...
    What would Tiger do?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    I think your lob wedge would be much better for dealing with shins. Slice through them so much easier than a 9 iron...
    Surely a Mashie Niblick would be more appropriate?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I'm sure Mrs Woods has an opinion on this.

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    I think he should have stopped hitting him around the head once he had dropped him and then smashed his shins to pieces to stop him running away before calling police, at least this is how I plan to deal with intruders with my trusty 9 iron.

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    I think he should have stopped hitting him around the head once he had dropped him and then smashed his shins to pieces to stop him running away before calling police, at least this is how I plan to deal with intruders with my trusty 9 iron.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

"Yet another reason to emigrate - the country is going to the dogs. Sack this judge and free the poor men!
    - Linda, Switzerland, 15/12/2009 09:43 "

So did Linda read the article, emigrate out of disgust and then comment from her new home?

I do it all the time. I've got properties all over Europe and, when the EU particularly upsets me, Zimbabwe.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied

Yet another reason to emigrate - the country is going to the dogs. Sack this judge and free the poor men!
    - Linda, Switzerland, 15/12/2009 09:43

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    The law and judges are buffoons...I see it everyday in the area my wife works in.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I thought the penalty for carrying a knife was supposed to be quite high - 5 years or so. So this guy burgled a house and tied up and threatened the occupants with a knife. The knife part of that alone should have been 5 years
    I thought he escaped jail because his brain damage meant that he was no longer fit for prison

Leave a comment:

Working...
X