• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Office party last night"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I never found anything that makes a hangover feel better. I can't bring myself to eat let alone drink booze when I'm struggling not to vomit - I tend to feel sick more than headachy.

Never tried drinking when hungover, maybe it's worth a shot next time I have a day to waste

So besides eating nothing and drinking nothing you've never found anything to make a hangover feel better.

I wonder why that is?

(hints: low blood sugar and dehydration)

Next time, have a fried breakfast and either a pint of tea or a pint of lager. You'll be sorted within 20 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I never found anything that makes a hangover feel better. I can't bring myself to eat let alone drink booze when I'm struggling not to vomit - I tend to feel sick more than headachy.

Never tried drinking when hungover, maybe it's worth a shot next time I have a day to waste

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Some weirdo permie just came and told me ´no contractors allowed at tonight´s office party´ with that ´nah na na nah na´ tone in his voice.

I resisted the urge to say ´I´m out Michelin star bagging this evening; Restaurant De Librije. That’ll make ten stars this week. Nah na na nah na.’
    Didn't you go there last year and get abused by the chef????

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    In all honesty, is it true the Guinness is better in Ireland or is that just the marketing?
    I won't drink it over here, I've found it is very different (seems to be a lighter consistency and a more bitter taste) and even in the town I come from it differs from pub to pub.

There are very few mainstream pubs that look after the pipes etc or pour it properly. It is very rare you find a pub that serves a "decent pint", but I'm no expert as I only drink it maybe once a year or 2.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    In all honesty, is it true the Guinness is better in Ireland or is that just the marketing?
    All our Guinness comes from Ireland, so it should taste the same because it is the same.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Straight to the pub for the annual pints of guinness with my Dad

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Time to buy shares in Nerophen and Gavascon
    And I'm flying to Ireland on the sunday for a brief visit with psycho mother, so they will be needed.

Straight to the pub for the annual pints of guinness with my Dad

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    Anyone else have any top hangover tips?
    IRN BRU with roll and square sausage with tattie scone. If someone could send some down I'd be greatful ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by bandit_legs View Post
    bloody heck sally anne - you've changed...
    How do you know, you've only been registered a month?

After all, you're not really a sockie, are you?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Next week I've got Norrahe and Pogle's "leaving drinks" on Wednesday, clientco leaving drinks on the Thursday, and Norrcorp xmas meal on the Friday and then my birthday on the saturday
    Time to buy shares in Nerophen and Gavascon

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Next week I've got Norrahe and Pogle's "leaving drinks" on Wednesday, clientco leaving drinks on the Thursday, and Norrcorp xmas meal on the Friday and then my birthday on the saturday

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    My Xmas do will be on Sunday - just me, my secretary, some very expensive wine and a VERY posh meal :-)

I'm hoping the secretary puts out :-(
    Hey SA, you put hubby on the payroll now then?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Some weirdo permie just came and told me ´no contractors allowed at tonight´s office party´ with that ´nah na na nah na´ tone in his voice.

I resisted the urge to say ´I´m out Michelin star bagging this evening; Restaurant De Librije. That’ll make ten stars this week. Nah na na nah na.’

Leave a comment:

• bandit_legs
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    My Xmas do will be on Sunday - just me, my secretary, some very expensive wine and a VERY posh meal :-)

I'm hoping the secretary puts out :-(
    bloody heck sally anne - you've changed...

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    ours is tonight - hopefully will meet some people not from the IS floor

will probably get too drunk and feel ill tomorrow but..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X