• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone want to get fit/slim?"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Just drink in a pub further away and only stop off in one take-away shop on the way home.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I don't get fat, but I swim and gym twice a week. I'm more of a sprinter than a plodder though.

In fact I once raced a colleague over about 5 miles distance and knowing there was no way I could run that far without stopping, I ran it in one mile bursts. He still beat me.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Did anyone read that report the other day that said exercise does damage joints after all?

Leave a comment:

• bellymonster
    replied
    Thought it was going to be some miracle cure for being obese.
    Sure I want to be thin, but I'm not exerting any effort to get there.

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    I may well give this a go. I need a bit of encouragement. I have been spending to much time at my desk lately without going anywhere.

The easy bit anyhow. I have got a slight medical impairment which prevents me from doing the intensive bit. If you don't hear back then i'm dead.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    [QUOTE=Mich the Tester;1015610]High intensity training for short periods of time is the most effective way to shift body fat[QUOTE]

Strength and stretching is a great way to shift it too, nothing quite burns up the calories like stretching the ham strings or recovering muscle fibers.

You want a mixture of cardio and stength throughout your work out.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, in my case it's 150kg squats and my bodyweight is 100kgs. Don't try that bit if you aren't already strong. Just try it with about 30% of your body weight at the most.
    There's no way a 200 lb lard arse is going to be able to do 8 squats with 300 lb, or anything close.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    As it was sunny I went jogging for about 40 mins today. Bit past the really hard stuff.

I had another great money making idea today. Exercise machines are so boring, what would it take to fix an add on that will suck you off while you are at it? Or a thing that goes in and out of the seat in a location according to sex/taste?
    An Ab-Masturbator!

You could offer it on the shopping channel.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I take it "150% body weight" equates to a 100 lb weight to squat with for a 200 lb person, rather than 300 lbs.
    No, in my case it's 150kg squats and my bodyweight is 100kgs. Don't try that bit if you aren't already strong. Just try it with about 30% of your body weight at the most.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    - 5 mins jog warm up

- sprint 100 metres, walk 100m recovery, sprint 100 metres

- rest 3 mins

- sprint 200 metres, walk 100m recovery, sprint 200 metres

- rest 3 mins

- sprint 300 metres, walk 100m recovery, sprint 300 metres

- rest 3 mins

- sprint 200 metres, walk 100m recovery, sprint 200 metres

- rest 3 mins

- sprint 100 metres, walk 100m recovery, sprint 100 metres

- rest 3 mins

- 2*8 squats @ 150% bodyweight

- 2*40 crunches with 2 mins rest

- jog 5 mins cool down
    ...and by the end of that you're so far from home you have to get the bus back

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    As it was sunny I went jogging for about 40 mins today. Bit past the really hard stuff.

I had another great money making idea today. Exercise machines are so boring, what would it take to fix an add on that will suck you off while you are at it? Or a thing that goes in and out of the seat in a location according to sex/taste?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I take it "150% body weight" equates to a 100 lb weight to squat with for a 200 lb person, rather than 300 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    That's probably because fat people don't like sprinting. Ever held the door open for a fat person? They don't run and you'll be standing there for ever.
    Actually, sprinters are usually mesomorphs; they have a tendency to gain muscle quickly if they train, but can get fat very quickly if they stop training.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I shag myself skinny.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
    Nice one, thank you. I've finally reached a point in my life where I feel I *have* to try and do something about my fitness level while I'm still able.

Rhubarb
    Try it. if you find it too hard or too easy, let me know and I can adapt it for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X