• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Apology

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Apology"

Collapse

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    No-one got banned for saying all scots should be banned at birth. Just like no-one gets their driving licence revoked for driving at 35 mph in a 30 zone. Do enough stupid things and get warned enough times and you get banned. Diestl had been warned by myself, Scotspine and Ferret about 3 separate things. We asked he just kept his head down and did not try and intentionally wind people up for a while. He did not so I banned him.

You will not see the posts in question as they were offensive and have been removed.
    Blah... why let the truth get in the way of a good gossip

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Can't see any specifics but it seems to be a herd mentality criteria for getting banned- i.e If enough of the crowd bleat for long enough then it happens.

Some get banned for saying "all scots should be drowned at birth", while others get away with suggesting genocide.

No rhyme or reason

HTH
    No-one got banned for saying all scots should be banned at birth. Just like no-one gets their driving licence revoked for driving at 35 mph in a 30 zone. Do enough stupid things and get warned enough times and you get banned. Diestl had been warned by myself, Scotspine and Ferret about 3 separate things. We asked he just kept his head down and did not try and intentionally wind people up for a while. He did not so I banned him.

You will not see the posts in question as they were offensive and have been removed.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    It doesn't give examples just comments by other posters that dieslt was being an ass.
    Can't see any specifics but it seems to be a herd mentality criteria for getting banned- i.e If enough of the crowd bleat for long enough then it happens.

Some get banned for saying "all scots should be drowned at birth", while others get away with suggesting genocide.

No rhyme or reason

HTH

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Aye EO, there are quite a few who are often premature.
    another suitcase, in another hall

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    my my, people come and go so quickly around here
    Aye EO, there are quite a few who are often premature.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    my my, people come and go so quickly around here

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    You could always read the thread

To its credit it managed to keep a fair amount of the crap in here. Apart from the other crap elsewhere
    This thread? I did.

It doesn't give examples just comments by other posters that dieslt was being an ass.

(BTW, at the time of writing, Dieslt is logged on).

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Nice to see somebody else caught out by the "vBulletin developers are so dumb that search links aren't permanent links" trap

Will this link work: http://forums.contractoruk.com/searc...induser&u=1777

Or will that fail once a new user is created that comes before Diestl in the alphabet?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Does that mean we're stuck with that picture of Hugh Laurie in need of a shave for ever?
    Not if you switch off avatars.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Diestl
    Banned

Does that mean we're stuck with that picture of Hugh Laurie in need of a shave for ever?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Like this?
    Nice to see somebody else caught out by the "vBulletin developers are so dumb that search links aren't permanent links" trap

Actually, wasn't it you that first pointed that out to me when I was caught out that way?

Maybe not - it might have been that Brownethingy chap. He's far too smart to be caught out by that kind of thing

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    OK, OK, what have I missed - yet again.

Can someone kindly give me a summation of what Dieslt was saying to posters?

(Thing is, I believe he used to be an 'ordinary' poster who used to post occasionally but just went off the rails).
    You could always read the thread

To its credit it managed to keep a fair amount of the crap in here. Apart from the other crap elsewhere

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Oh dear. He's toast.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Like this?

Edit: That ^ doesn't work. This might: http://forums.contractoruk.com/searc...induser&u=1777
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 28 November 2009, 10:09.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    OK, OK, what have I missed - yet again.

(Thing is, I believe he used to be an 'ordinary' poster who used to post occasionally but just went off the rails).
    Where is the shaking head in disbelief smiley?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X