• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Racist Google Search"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...images-removed

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I don't see this pic - there's one on the first page of google image results where she looks blacker than she actually is but no monkey depictions - perhaps by the time I looked it had been pulled?
    it has indeed been pulled

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    I don't see this pic - there's one on the first page of google image results where she looks blacker than she actually is but no monkey depictions - perhaps by the time I looked it had been pulled?

Leave a comment:

• lje
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Agree this picture is crass but find Google to be a little hypocritical when they said they would not remove this image from the search results - haven't they suppressed search results in China?
    Yes they have - but then they are required to do so by law there so I guess that they are sticking to the same principles.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've never heard of black people being called monkeys before....... How have I never come across this before?
    'cus your'e not black?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Agree this picture is crass but find Google to be a little hypocritical when they said they would not remove this image from the search results - haven't they suppressed search results in China?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Sure that can't be the first similar depiction, so the bloke must have great SEO skills. Wonder if he's for hire?
    Maybe AtW can help figure out how?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Sure that can't be the first similar depiction, so the bloke must have great SEO skills. Wonder if he's for hire?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw View Post
    You'd be a product of the 70's then. Hey if you feel it's acceptable to call black people monkeys, be my guest to go up to the first group of black guys you see and give it a go. I'll look forward to hearing about the results.

Anyway, Harriet Harman is a bitch, whom I canny stand - I don't share any views with her as a rule, so stop with the insults - that one cut deep.

And I loved scum, great movie - where I was brung up was a bit like that borstal, least enough guys who were in and out of it to feel like one cept they talked jockanese!
    Aye, a product of the seventies.
    But everyone got insulted equally badly, it was a true insulting democracy. To be then told that a part of your insult armoury is not allowed because of some metrolpolitan gob sh1 te diktat was a bit of a bummer. It wasn't the black guys I knew who complained. As I never complained about the heaps of abuse that I have had to put up with.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    mmm. Ok check out Google/ Scum where's yer tool

The way Carling speaks is the way we all talked where I was brung up.
    We are not allowed to talk like that now because Snaw and Harriet Harman dont like it

You'd be a product of the 70's then. Hey if you feel it's acceptable to call black people monkeys, be my guest to go up to the first group of black guys you see and give it a go. I'll look forward to hearing about the results.

Anyway, Harriet Harman is a bitch, whom I canny stand - I don't share any views with her as a rule, so stop with the insults - that one cut deep.

And I loved scum, great movie - where I was brung up was a bit like that borstal, least enough guys who were in and out of it to feel like one cept they talked jockanese!

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    oops... didn't notice at first. At least it's not as offensive as this one (NSIYHADS*)

Not Safe If You Have A Delicate Stomach
    Hilarious!! Once described as looking like a "clown having a fit".

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Really? I genuinely had no idea. Does that mean that the way I might joking call a mate a 'monkey' would be a huge insult if they happened to be black?

I claim in my defence, I have lived most of my life in Cornwall and Durham. Neither of these has black people! The north-east is hugely homogeneous (if that's the right word).
    mmm. Ok check out Google/ Scum where's yer tool

The way Carling speaks is the way we all talked where I was brung up.
    We are not allowed to talk like that now because Snaw and Harriet Harman dont like it

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

this deserves a double

you really need to get out more.
    Really? I genuinely had no idea. Does that mean that the way I might joking call a mate a 'monkey' would be a huge insult if they happened to be black?

I claim in my defence, I have lived most of my life in Cornwall and Durham. Neither of these has black people! The north-east is hugely homogeneous (if that's the right word).

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    My son thinks his laptop is racist. Everytime he boots it gives an error message - Failed to find a native to execute

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied

this deserves a double

you really need to get out more.

in fact , you need to come round to my house one weekend
    -only joking Snaw, calm down

LOL, not stressed at all. Think anyone who has to defend this, or finds it funny is at the intellectual level of a 7 year old and I've got nothing but pity for them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X