• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: dog

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "dog"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post

... Alternatively, you could try living somewhere other than a crack den, for example.

(/jk)
    There are none *in* the flat, just running about outside.

Leave a comment:

• bodnobal
    replied
    I've got some Dalmatian Mollies for sale. They got all their vaccinations and certifications. Their parents breed for fun so I'm just looking at 50p a fishy.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Is it any good at catching rats?
    With a few mods, you could probably customise its programming to do that, yes.

Alternatively, you could try living somewhere other than a crack den, for example.

(/jk)

Leave a comment:

• THE GENERALIST
    replied
    Originally posted by bandit_legs View Post
    thinking bout buying a dog / pup for the missus.

any advice ?

I have one of these called Pongo

Quality dog.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    This is an IT forum right ?

So, think like one, and get a Sony Aibo. You can still get them if you know where to look.

1. No mess, no crap, no hassle.
    2. Turn it off when you want.
    3. It won't chew the furnishings.
    4. You won't be subjecting a animal to human cruelty by incarceration for your own selfish ends.
    5. You can mod them.
    6. It barks, makes noises, and wags it tail in a cute way, and it will love you, if that's what your ego demands.
    7. It won't hump your leg.
    8. It doesn't fart, eat it's own muck and then lick your face.
    9. It's probably more intelligent than the average dog anyway.
    10. It knows tricks already. No need to teach it.
    Is it any good at catching rats?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    we have 2 rescued Guinea pigs and 2 rescued moggies -all are fine and dandy.
    I used to have a rescue hamster.

Yes, I did say hamster. And it was rescued. From some numpties who thought it would make a good pet for a new baby. It bit the baby. My brother was there; he prevented them from stamping on the hamster and took it in while he found a good home for it. He failed to find one, so I got it.

Said hamster chewed a trench in my VERY expensive salopettes.

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    FTFY :So, think like one, and get a cyber cat
    FTFYAW

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied

So, think like one, and get a cat

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied

So, think like one, and get a Sony Aibo. You can still get them if you know where to look.

1. No mess, no crap, no hassle.
    2. Turn it off when you want.
    3. It won't chew the furnishings.
    4. You won't be subjecting a animal to human cruelty by incarceration for your own selfish ends.
    5. You can mod them.
    6. It barks, makes noises, and wags it tail in a cute way, and it will love you, if that's what your ego demands.
    7. It won't hump your leg.
    8. It doesn't fart, eat it's own muck and then lick your face.
    9. It's probably more intelligent than the average dog anyway.
    10. It knows tricks already. No need to teach it.

Leave a comment:

• ilovehr
    replied
    thinking bout buying a dog / pup for the missus.

any advice ?

Do you mean swapping?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Not Nice, but my mum is in the market for a new cat as she tumble dried hers to death last week. She was really upset as she had to do the washing all over again!
    thats a bit sad that. poor cat.
    Dont bury it in the garden, the foxes will dig it up - zeity

Leave a comment:

• Money Money Money
    replied
    A dogs not just for christmas.... if you carve it thin enough you'll cover boxing day aswell.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Not Nice, but my mum is in the market for a new cat as she tumble dried hers to death last week. She was really upset as she had to do the washing all over again!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    what breed of pup did you go for? does your missus stay at home to look after them or do you leave them to destroy your house while you are out funding it?
    Ours are Staffordshire Bull Terriers ( Mostly, we think. Mum was a Staffy, Dad was unknown but may have been an English Bull Terrier ). I'm not getting into a discussion about the breed, I'm fed up of arguing with people about "killer dogs".

MrsB is at home at the moment, we probably woudn't have got them if she wern't. One would be a lot less work than two, but we still wouldnt leave a young pup alone in the house for any great length of time. It's bad for the dog as well as the furniture.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary View Post
    Don't buy one, rescue one from a shelter.
    WHS

we have 2 rescued Guinea pigs and 2 rescued moggies -all are fine and dandy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X