• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Omg

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Omg"

Collapse

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    ...since TPD was harpooned and its corpse laid to rot in the shallows that form light relief, like a whale carcass marooned on a small secluded beach that might explode any time with drivel flying everywhere. I tried poking it with a long stick and it just let out a frating noise and quivered.
    Try some dynamite. From a distance.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    i've not had any issues in loading, replying, posting or viewing at all before or after tpd was closed. maybe its my efficient german network

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Too early to say really. I only intermittently had delays before and those were mostly clustered around the same period, and I have had a delay since TPD was harpooned and its corpse laid to rot in the shallows that form light relief, like a whale carcass marooned on a small secluded beach that might explode any time with drivel flying everywhere. I tried poking it with a long stick and it just let out a frating noise and quivered.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Has been fine for me since closing the thread. A lot faster. And no mails despite the fact people have been viewing the thread. Is it simply viewing threads or replying that seems to take a time to complete?
    Well, you should have one now, after my latest database error.

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Has been fine for me since closing the thread. A lot faster. And no mails despite the fact people have been viewing the thread. Is it simply viewing threads or replying that seems to take a time to complete?
    It just took me more than 30 seconds to post something in the "new" TPD thread, and an edit on that same post took even longer to commit.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Server just went out for over a minute. Odd really if TPD is the problem
    Yup.

Code:
     Database error 
    The database has encountered a problem. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following: 
    Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser. 
    Open the forums.contractoruk.com home page, then try to open another page. 
    Click the Back button to try another link. 

The forums.contractoruk.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists. 

We apologise for any inconvenience.
    First time it's ever happened to me ( that I can remember )

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I give you +7 ATW Silence Points, you can redeem them at any time - so far nobody did

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    He is back to celebrate the tpd closure.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I give you +7 ATW Silence Points, you can redeem them at any time - so far nobody did
    Ok - I redeem them - for 7 days you can post what you like, just quit bitching about TPD

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I thought you were being quiet?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Server just went out for over a minute. Odd really if TPD is the problem

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    He is back to celebrate the tpd closure.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    administrator is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Over ten seconds to load the General home page. Nearly five seconds to view the last page of this thread. Reply page loads quickly enough, so no change from before. Will edit this post after posting to indicate how long posting takes.

Three seconds to post and return to the thread. Again, that's been about typical for me today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X