• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I'm voting Jedward

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I'm voting Jedward"

Collapse

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I think the show is hilarious, sting has not grapsed the concept that it is Saturday night TV and not an entrance exam for a music degree. Who cares if the acts are crap, I certainly will not be buying any of their records. Jedward are pretty funny and I nearly pished myself last week when they did ghostbusters.

About 95% of the public are just not intersted in any real musical appreciation, they should just be left to get on with their lot and arses like sting who partonise them should get over it.
    Sting has taken to playing folk songs in sleepy Irish pubs.
    Give me X Factor for entertainment any day!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I think the show is hilarious, sting has not grapsed the concept that it is Saturday night TV and not an entrance exam for a music degree. Who cares if the acts are crap, I certainly will not be buying any of their records. Jedward are pretty funny and I nearly pished myself last week when they did ghostbusters.

About 95% of the public are just not intersted in any real musical appreciation, they should just be left to get on with their lot and arses like sting who partonise them should get over it.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    It's not fair. I bought a big telly and sky HD and I can't watch it. Most of he time I'm stuck over in France /Geneva and when I get back it's full of the Why-Factor or strictly resurrect my career on ice or I'm a ****witt in the jungle feed me rats nuts. Utter tulipe TV=more time in the pub!

Don't know why it added that twice!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    It's not fair. I bought a big telly and sky HD and I can't watch it. Most of he time I'm stuck over in France /Geneva and when I get back it's full of the Why-Factor or strictly resurrect my career on ice or I'm a ****witt in the jungle feed me rats nuts. Utter tulipe TV=more time in the pub!

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5LS5arkuaE

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Cowell may be an arse, but he is a clever and calculating arse.
    Cowell may be an arse, but he is a RICH clever and calculating arse

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    I really despise all that the X-Factor stands for but I do sometimes flick onto it to shout at the TV. When my dad used to criticise the acts on Top of the Pops he was doing do because they were different or controversial rather than some homogenized slush performing a second hand kareoke impersonation of Mariah Carey or Whitney Houston smultz. Along with transatlantic accent and vocal aerobatics (a way of disguising lack of vocal range). If that is talent these days, then Rank Xerox are the most talented company in the world.

On top of that a truely cringe worthy performance in aid of St Ormond street. Really patronising and pretty sick if you ask me. Especially as they were singing a song by an alleged child abuser directly to one of the sick kids.
    Chris Morris couldn't have made that one up.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 16 November 2009, 15:54.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Jedward for X Factor winners I say!

If only for the look on Simon Cowell's face
    Cowell knows exactly what he is doing.

"Deadlocked" judges panel? Over to the viewers to phone in. More money made.

Publicly say he doesnt want them to win? Cue more people phoning in to keep them. More money made.

They guy up against them to be voted off is actually pretty good? Give him a crap song to make him look worse and ensure they stay. More money made

Watch them go out in the final, or just before, to ensure that he has a "credible" winning act to exploit afterwards.

Cowell may be an arse, but he is a clever and calculating arse.

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Ok, for a laugh and entertainment value, I'm backing Jedward 17.5 to 1 on Betfair

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    It's not bad, I seem to catch it fairly often - although that Christine one is too sweet to be wholesome.
    Adrian Chiles is as thick as pig sh!t though. Timothy McVeigh? Who he?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Wow, they must have cut that footage from the show.
    Wish I had seen it!

It is a joke, most of the contestants are talentless and the public know it. They will probably vote Jedward for a laugh. Might even put a bet on it
    They just panned out, to see him turn round bend over and slap his arse a few times then run out the back of the stage.

There was three of us watching and I was the only one to notice it. I rewound it to see it again a few times.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Strange thing about the One Show is that it always seems to be interesting when I do catch it.
    It's not bad, I seem to catch it fairly often - although that Christine one is too sweet to be wholesome.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Strange thing about the One Show is that it always seems to be interesting when I do catch it.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    That was Sting I think - he was on the One Show last week and they asked him about it.
    Ah, yes that rings a bell.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I've heard it described as TV karaoke.
    That was Sting I think - he was on the One Show last week and they asked him about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X