• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "3 Mobile Broadband....."

Collapse

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    WHS - must cancel the contract with them this week.
    I cancelled last week after two long years . At that time they were not even giving free laptops which they are now with some contracts

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    It doesn't seem to need it...

I just 'connect' to 1.3G Dial up connection within 'connect to network'
    Just discovered there was already a connection set up. Guess that must have been the one used by the app. Running the connection without the app, it seems to be a lot quicker. Might be psychological. Will know for sure tomorrow, as I'll be WFH.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    When setting up a connection using the dongle without the app, where can I get the id and password from? How does the app know what id/pwd to use when it runs?
    It doesn't seem to need it...

I just 'connect' to 1.3G Dial up connection within 'connect to network'

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    When setting up a connection using the dongle without the app, where can I get the id and password from? How does the app know what id/pwd to use when it runs?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    "3" - Hold me back, hold me back.

WHS - must cancel the contract with them this week.

Leave a comment:

• Tingles
    replied
    Originally posted by minsky1 View Post
    The USB dongle is old hat...... 3 can do you a wifi mobile hub. Not sure how recent these are but they are brill - you can piggyback up to 4 devices on it.

If your using a dongle, ring them up and ask to upgrade it - ive just gone from 3Gb at £15.66 per month to 15Gb with the new wifi thingy at £16.00 per month.
    How does the speed compare - Hub vs Dongle?
    Last edited by Tingles; 10 November 2009, 17:45.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by minsky1 View Post
    The USB dongle is old hat...... 3 can do you a wifi mobile hub. Not sure how recent these are but they are brill - you can piggyback up to 4 devices on it.

If your using a dongle, ring them up and ask to upgrade it - ive just gone from 3Gb at £15.66 per month to 15Gb with the new wifi thingy at £16.00 per month.
    Mentioned in post #4

Leave a comment:

• minsky1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Interesting definition of "works" you have there
    Ill try anything once me....

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    If you have a USB dongle, try getting hold of a USB extension cable and putting that between the dongle and the PC. Then get a piece of double sided tape and stick the dongle as high in the room as possible, preferably to a window. Experiment by moving it around a bit until you get the best signal.

Works for me anyway.

PZZ
    Interesting definition of "works" you have there

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by newblood View Post
    there is practically no connectivity in evenings...
    If you have a USB dongle, try getting hold of a USB extension cable and putting that between the dongle and the PC. Then get a piece of double sided tape and stick the dongle as high in the room as possible, preferably to a window. Experiment by moving it around a bit until you get the best signal.

Works for me anyway.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• newblood
    replied
    there is practically no connectivity in evenings...

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    I've had it for about a year - I've been fairly happy with it...

It comes with a connection app which tells me my speed / strength and usage etc... a bit too slow so I've now started to connect directly via the Network connections 1.3G tab within "connect to a network" on Vista - which is much quicker.

Am I circumventing something? Will I be charged extra or something for not using their 3 app?

The difference in speed is significant...
    You are probably seeing faster speeds because one app connects you using GPRS and the other HSDPA which is a lot faster.

AFAIK 3 still charge a flat rate per month for fair usage and at meg chunks over that (check your contract for specifics) regardless of which speed you connect at. So you wont get charged extra for using a higher speed service.

I have to say that I have used 3 extensively and found them to provide excellent service wherever I happen to be.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    "3" - Hold me back, hold me back.

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    I had 3 mobile contract. It was very poor speed even in London

Leave a comment:

Working...
X