• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 Mobile Broadband.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    If you have a USB dongle, try getting hold of a USB extension cable and putting that between the dongle and the PC. Then get a piece of double sided tape and stick the dongle as high in the room as possible, preferably to a window. Experiment by moving it around a bit until you get the best signal.

Works for me anyway.

PZZ
    Interesting definition of "works" you have there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Interesting definition of "works" you have there
      Ill try anything once me....

PZZ

Comment

The USB dongle is old hat...... 3 can do you a wifi mobile hub. Not sure how recent these are but they are brill - you can piggyback up to 4 devices on it.

If your using a dongle, ring them up and ask to upgrade it - ive just gone from 3Gb at £15.66 per month to 15Gb with the new wifi thingy at £16.00 per month.

Comment

Originally posted by minsky1 View Post
          The USB dongle is old hat...... 3 can do you a wifi mobile hub. Not sure how recent these are but they are brill - you can piggyback up to 4 devices on it.

If your using a dongle, ring them up and ask to upgrade it - ive just gone from 3Gb at £15.66 per month to 15Gb with the new wifi thingy at £16.00 per month.
          Mentioned in post #4

Comment

Originally posted by minsky1 View Post

How does the speed compare - Hub vs Dongle?
            Last edited by Tingles; 10 November 2009, 17:45.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              "3" - Hold me back, hold me back.

WHS - must cancel the contract with them this week.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

When setting up a connection using the dongle without the app, where can I get the id and password from? How does the app know what id/pwd to use when it runs?

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                  When setting up a connection using the dongle without the app, where can I get the id and password from? How does the app know what id/pwd to use when it runs?
                  It doesn't seem to need it...

I just 'connect' to 1.3G Dial up connection within 'connect to network'

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                    It doesn't seem to need it...

I just 'connect' to 1.3G Dial up connection within 'connect to network'
                    Just discovered there was already a connection set up. Guess that must have been the one used by the app. Running the connection without the app, it seems to be a lot quicker. Might be psychological. Will know for sure tomorrow, as I'll be WFH.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      WHS - must cancel the contract with them this week.
                      I cancelled last week after two long years . At that time they were not even giving free laptops which they are now with some contracts

Comment

Working...
                      X