• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Great Rant from Jeremy Clarkson"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    They can be a nuisance. We had a big one in the woods near us, and it wasnt the sheep we were worried about, it was actually stalking the children.
    It went too far when it got dressed up as a granny though and I hid in the cupboard with my axe, and leapt out and killed it.

And that, your honour, is why I was hiding in the kids bedroom holding a two-handed axe.

My uncle had a problem with a wolf, he sent my cousin BY HIMSELF to go and watch the sheep.
    My cousin, only being a young boy kept getting bored so was amusing himself by phoning his dad and telling him he could see the wolf and then watching his panicing dad racing up the hill in their land rover, all in vain of course.
    Anyway, after a few goes of this, the wolf does actually turn up. Cousin phones his dad, who tells him to piss off and stop messing around.

Anyway, my uncle is still in prison now for wilful neglect and putting his kid in harms way. The judge wasn't too impressed that he sent an 11 year old boy to go and guard sheep against a wolf.
    Not sure if the rest of the family will ever speak to him again.

copyright The sound of Mitchell and Web

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Given the last three jokers who have been PM who else would you suggest?
    Hague.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    They should go to Burger King like everyone else then.

I think that there are about 10-15 that come on our land, they dont even look hungry to me, just showing off like a load of drunken football thugs and praying on our poor sheep.

I guess that I just need to decide between slow acting poison, a painful trap or a gun.

PZZ
    They can be a nuisance. We had a big one in the woods near us, and it wasnt the sheep we were worried about, it was actually stalking the children.
    It went too far when it got dressed up as a granny though and I hid in the cupboard with my axe, and leapt out and killed it.

And that, your honour, is why I was hiding in the kids bedroom holding a two-handed axe.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Cant we bring back Maggie?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I'm afraid you blew your credibility when you said Clarkson for PM, so I don't believe it.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    While he may have a point on the general theme, stuff like "you need 17 forms to get a greenhouse in France" does not really make his article have any value. He has clearly never been in France and tried to get a greenhouse.
    There are two ways of doing anything in France. The official way, involving 17 forms etc. and the unofficial way, involving taking the mayor out to dinner.

But he was right about Switzerland.

I find Clarkson amusing, but then I enjoy watching Hotel Trubbel.

...showing off like a load of drunken football thugs and praying on our poor sheep...
    What, kneeling in front of them, forepaws on their backs saying "For what we are about to receive..."?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I respect the right for people not to hear free speech. And if that means disallowing free speech to do that then free speech has to be curtailed in some instances.

What those instances are can be debated but yes in some circumstances that has to be the case.
    I wish I was an admin. I would have blanked that post just to see your reaction.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    I'm afraid you blew your credibility when you said Clarkson for PM, so I don't believe it.
    Buh, so be it!

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Since I was about 12 believe it or not- did a lot of traveling to east/far east as a kid, and even more since.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    I find that hard to believe.
    Since I was about 12 believe it or not- did a lot of traveling to east/far east as a kid, and even more since.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I collect tea.

PZZ
    I find that hard to believe.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    So you're a Bulgarian farmer, IT consultant, wolf hunter and Jeremy Clarkson for PM supporter. Have you any other hobbies?
    I collect tea.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    We have lost about 40 sheep to wolves on our farm in Bulgaria over the past few years, when I get a few spare days...well their days are numbered. They are nothing but a pest, they hassle our wild bore as well. A pain in the ass. At lest the bears only eat our fish.

PZZ
    So you're a Bulgarian farmer, IT consultant, wolf hunter and Jeremy Clarkson for PM supporter. Have you any other hobbies?

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Perhaps the wolves are hungry.

Maybe they don't mean to be a pest.
    They should go to Burger King like everyone else then.

I think that there are about 10-15 that come on our land, they dont even look hungry to me, just showing off like a load of drunken football thugs and praying on our poor sheep.

I guess that I just need to decide between slow acting poison, a painful trap or a gun.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    We have lost about 40 sheep to wolves on our farm in Bulgaria over the past few years, when I get a few spare days...well their days are numbered. They are nothing but a pest, they hassle our wild bore as well. A pain in the ass. At lest the bears only eat our fish.

PZZ
    Perhaps the wolves are hungry.

Maybe they don't mean to be a pest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X