• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Kerrrrrrrrrrrching. £18 a pint due to "Climate Change""

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I remember telling him that on 4k a month he could buy 12 ladas a year. his answer was that he would 'save up for something good'

ladies

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    These "activists" do themselves no favours by issuing press releases like this. Surely most people recognise that it's BS
    You would like to think that but you'd be wrong. Most people just think 18 quid a pint! I worked at this textile place when I left school to earn a bit of cash before heading off to uni. There was this lad I worked with who was about 16 and as dim as they come. He was on 1.97 an hour. The company brought in somebody to sell pensions to their staff. They told this lad that he'd be on about 4k a month when he retired and everybody laughed at this. They didn't factor in the fact that this lad would have been paying into a pension for 50 years and that 4k a month then (about 2030) would be probably the same as a 1.97 per hour job!

I remember telling him that on 4k a month he could buy 12 ladas a year. his answer was that he would 'save up for something good'

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    OK, what we need to do is get "climate change" supporters to write an affidavit to say they have reviewed all the evidence and fully believe in it, wait until the overwhelming proof of fudge statistics, government manipulation of public opinion, bandwaggoning and evidence of faux science come to pass, and then round these idiots up and throw them in the nuthouse for breaching the UK Mental Health Act 1983.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    These "activists" do themselves no favours by issuing press releases like this. Surely most people recognise that it's BS

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    A casual Google indicates about 2 shillings.

Why not ask Zeity ?
    Ok - so in 2030 a pint will be 18 quid. Say it's 3.50 to 4 quid now.
    18/3.5 = 5.14 - So a pretty big increase there

In 1967 if a pint was 10p, I know that in the late 80's, a pint was close to 2 quid. That's a 20 fold increase in a 21 year period. was there global warming then also?

The 21 years between 88 and now have been good in price of a pint terms

Leave a comment:

• Andy2
    replied
    I think inflation is accelerating since the last 20 years and peak oil will make matters worse. The money we save for retirement will be worth peanuts.
    Get readly to live like a tramp in the old age

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Does anybody know the cost of a pint in 1967?
    A casual Google indicates about 2 shillings.

Why not ask Zeity ?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    I wonder if we murdered all the climate change fanatics, how much valuable resource (food, fuel, travel) that would save?

Enough to justify it, I feel.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091028...s-6323e80.html

Soaring food prices could leave UK consumers forking out almost £6.50 for a loaf of bread and more than £18 for a pint of beer by 2030 unless urgent action is taken to avert dangerous climate change, environmentalists have claimed.

Everyones on the Climate Change gravy train bandwagon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...te-change.html

Kerrrrrrrching!
    Does anybody know the cost of a pint in 1967?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Hang about, I'm sure I've seen/read a report that states that yields would go up with higher Carbon Dioxide levels?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    next contract I will offer clients the opportunity to offset any carbon produced during my contract for only an extra £50 per billable day
    Current client has a section on carbon footprint of the project for all investment/funding requests.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    If they keep printing money... err I mean doing this "QE" thingy, then pint will cost even more

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    next contract I will offer clients the opportunity to offset any carbon produced during my contract for only an extra £50 per billable day

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Kerrrrrrrrrrrching. £18 a pint due to "Climate Change"

Kerrrrrrrrrrrching. £18 a pint due to "Climate Change"

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091028...s-6323e80.html

Soaring food prices could leave UK consumers forking out almost £6.50 for a loaf of bread and more than £18 for a pint of beer by 2030 unless urgent action is taken to avert dangerous climate change, environmentalists have claimed.

Everyones on the Climate Change gravy train bandwagon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...te-change.html

Kerrrrrrrching!

Working...
X