• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kerrrrrrrrrrrching. £18 a pint due to "Climate Change"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These "activists" do themselves no favours by issuing press releases like this. Surely most people recognise that it's BS

Comment

OK, what we need to do is get "climate change" supporters to write an affidavit to say they have reviewed all the evidence and fully believe in it, wait until the overwhelming proof of fudge statistics, government manipulation of public opinion, bandwaggoning and evidence of faux science come to pass, and then round these idiots up and throw them in the nuthouse for breaching the UK Mental Health Act 1983.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        These "activists" do themselves no favours by issuing press releases like this. Surely most people recognise that it's BS
        You would like to think that but you'd be wrong. Most people just think 18 quid a pint! I worked at this textile place when I left school to earn a bit of cash before heading off to uni. There was this lad I worked with who was about 16 and as dim as they come. He was on 1.97 an hour. The company brought in somebody to sell pensions to their staff. They told this lad that he'd be on about 4k a month when he retired and everybody laughed at this. They didn't factor in the fact that this lad would have been paying into a pension for 50 years and that 4k a month then (about 2030) would be probably the same as a 1.97 per hour job!

I remember telling him that on 4k a month he could buy 12 ladas a year. his answer was that he would 'save up for something good'
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          I remember telling him that on 4k a month he could buy 12 ladas a year. his answer was that he would 'save up for something good'

ladies

Comment

Working...
          X