• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New glasses

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New glasses"

Collapse

• Andy2
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    As I get older I have more hair growing where I don't want it but less where I do.
    Tell me about it
    My nasal hair grow an inch everyday

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    No false hope here. The optician said that she could do a prescription for reading purposes, but as I've no problem reading as yet, there's no point.
    You can possibly still read fine print that is so small that others need a magnifying glass, but that won't last either. It's great that I no longer need specs to see placards in the distance (e.g. in a large supermarket), but I do need 'em to read the tiny instruction manuals that come with new kit nowadays. This is of course another downside of globalisation

I like mussels, cooked in a white wine sauce. Very tasty. I wouldn't want one living off my eye though.
    They do this rather well in Brussels and good restaurants (oxymoron alert) in Holland.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    No false hope here. The optician said that she could do a prescription for reading purposes, but as I've no problem reading as yet, there's no point.

I like mussels, cooked in a white wine sauce. Very tasty. I wouldn't want one living off my eye though.
    Cheap voice recognition software again.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Make the most of it. This is the false hope stage. From now one your eye mussels get weaker and between five and ten years you will need bifocals or varifocals.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Indeed. Much of the hair that was on my head appears to have migrated to my left shoulder. Has anyone else got one shoulder that is much hairier than the other?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    This morning my regular hairdresser said my hair is getting thicker, and she's right.
    As I get older I have more hair growing where I don't want it but less where I do.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    This morning my regular hairdresser said my hair is getting thicker, and she's right.
    No she meant the brain underneath it

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Due to increasing age, my myopia has reduced! Just got my new glasses with the weaker prescription. Everything suddenly seems much bigger.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Make the most of it. This is the false hope stage. From now one your eye mussels get weaker and between five and ten years you will need bifocals or varifocals.
    Tell me about it. I couldn't get on with them so I ended up with two pairs.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Due to increasing age, my myopia has reduced! Just got my new glasses with the weaker prescription. Everything suddenly seems much bigger.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Mad isn't it!!

When I wear my contact lenses it's like stepping into the land of the giants, I have no idea why this happens as they are obviously the same strength.
    Contact lens prescriptions are usually a little bit less than glasses, because with the lenses being closer to the eye they don't need to refract light rays quite as much. Reading may be more difficult with contacts though, because contacts also don't minify things as much as glasses, at least with the negative lenses myopes use.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Mad isn't it!!

When I wear my contact lenses it's like stepping into the land of the giants, I have no idea why this happens as they are obviously the same strength.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    But can you remember where you put your glasses?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    started a topic New glasses

New glasses

Working...
X