• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "QT tonight: Will you be tuning in?"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    The BNP might disappear into the fog, but the issue of immigration won't. None of the major parties have the balls to address it.

They do...its just not the only thing they talk about. In the past there were no rules - but try and flip through the rules now - its vey difficult to get in. And getting tougher all the time.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Hmmm. 7.9M viewers! I think that's double QT's previous record. How will the BBC beat that! What other moron will they put on there? Many perhaps - I would say that far more people hate him than NG.
    Gordon Brown? Blair?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Hmmm. 7.9M viewers! I think that's double QT's previous record. How will the BBC beat that! What other moron will they put on there? Many perhaps - I would say that far more people hate him than NG.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    The BNP might disappear into the fog, but the issue of immigration won't. None of the major parties have the balls to address it.
    Is there anything any party (BNP included) can do about it? Aren't open borders part of the EU treaty, and EU nationals the source of most of our immigration?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Didn't watch - felt that it was over-hyped with the BBC basically advertising the programme in order to get ratings. Why they care about rating I have no clue - they gets our money no matter what. Anyway, Nothing new would have come out of the programme that I already didn't know - so why watch.

Nick Griffen doesn't need to be attacked - he can easily hang himself (ha ha) with his own tongue. Now if the people around here would grow brains and see that. Then his party would disappear into the fog in an instant.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    One chap in the audience got it right, those that voted BNP, were venting anger I'm sure of it.
    It is said a party only wins an election by dint of the other parties losing.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Is the Pope Catholic?
    (If you are a member of the BNP then you probably claim he's muslim ).
    I think he's German...

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Didn't watch - felt that it was over-hyped with the BBC basically advertising the programme in order to get ratings. Why they care about rating I have no clue - they gets our money no matter what. Anyway, Nothing new would have come out of the programme that I already didn't know - so why watch.

Nick Griffen doesn't need to be attacked - he can easily hang himself (ha ha) with his own tongue. Now if the people around here would grow brains and see that. Then his party would disappear into the fog in an instant.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Ma 2p worth...

The leading parties have failed those who the represent to such a degree they allowed Mr BNP to slip in.

One chap in the audience got it right, those that voted BNP, were venting anger I'm sure of it.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Having said all of which the man came over as a competely immature twunt (smiling at mention of the holocaust FFS). He was so bad he even made the loathsome and slimy uber-twunt Jack Straw look principled.
    I don't know about that. I thought Jack Straw lost a few voters last night too.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Pathetic all round - made him appear picked on which will get him more supporters.
    Exactly.

I have no sympathy with the Griffin or the BNP, but this was just the worst kind of bear baiting.

A hostile jeering audience, a hostile panel and even a hostile chairman. The usual QT format was abandoned with every question being designed to taunt Griffin.

Any claims the BBC has to impartiality are now (well, have been for a while) in tatters.

If anything, the underdog effect could come into play here.

While I managed to stop short of actually feeling sorry for the odious Griffin, this was a shambolic spectacle and, if anything, will only garner sympathy for the BNP.

Originally posted by CIF Poster
    This was the equivalent of the 2 minute hate. Just went on a bit longer.
    Last edited by bogeyman; 23 October 2009, 09:56. Reason: quote

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I recorded it. Is it worth watching?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    smiling at mention of the holocaust FFS.
    That part showed a lack of political nous, most politicians use specific tricks when forced into an embarrassment smile, they open their mouth wide or say some stock phrase beginning with a 'chee' phrasal, that kind of thing. What he smiled at was the question was expected and impossible to answer truthfully as it would lead to his arrest. Every normal person when put in a position like that smiles. People who don't are characterised as sociopathic. The way Dimbleby immediately jumped on it, shows that it was just another of the scripted 'deus ex machina' moments.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    It doesn't really matter how he did as few of the people voting for the BNP will support their purist ideas on Britishness anyway. For most of us "our" culture is what we grew up with.

The major problem is that the pace of change due to immigration is so fast that people cannot cope with it. Until that issue is addressed they will vote BNP as a protest even if were led by Adolph himself.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Pathetic all round - made him appear picked on which will get him more supporters.

No really killer questions such as "As a racist party, if the BNP gets in power how will they cope with the rise of India and China in world affairs?
    Can you really do business with the rest of the world while despising certain peoples and cultures?
    Do they intend the UK to become a backwater pariah state (like South Africa used to be) " etc etc etc .

Having said all of which the man came over as a competely immature twunt (smiling at mention of the holocaust FFS). He was so bad he even made the loathsome and slimy uber-twunt Jack Straw look principled.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X