• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QT tonight: Will you be tuning in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    smiling at mention of the holocaust FFS.
    That part showed a lack of political nous, most politicians use specific tricks when forced into an embarrassment smile, they open their mouth wide or say some stock phrase beginning with a 'chee' phrasal, that kind of thing. What he smiled at was the question was expected and impossible to answer truthfully as it would lead to his arrest. Every normal person when put in a position like that smiles. People who don't are characterised as sociopathic. The way Dimbleby immediately jumped on it, shows that it was just another of the scripted 'deus ex machina' moments.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I recorded it. Is it worth watching?
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Pathetic all round - made him appear picked on which will get him more supporters.
        Exactly.

I have no sympathy with the Griffin or the BNP, but this was just the worst kind of bear baiting.

A hostile jeering audience, a hostile panel and even a hostile chairman. The usual QT format was abandoned with every question being designed to taunt Griffin.

Any claims the BBC has to impartiality are now (well, have been for a while) in tatters.

If anything, the underdog effect could come into play here.

While I managed to stop short of actually feeling sorry for the odious Griffin, this was a shambolic spectacle and, if anything, will only garner sympathy for the BNP.

Originally posted by CIF Poster
        This was the equivalent of the 2 minute hate. Just went on a bit longer.
        Last edited by bogeyman; 23 October 2009, 09:56. Reason: quote

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Having said all of which the man came over as a competely immature twunt (smiling at mention of the holocaust FFS). He was so bad he even made the loathsome and slimy uber-twunt Jack Straw look principled.
          I don't know about that. I thought Jack Straw lost a few voters last night too.

Comment

Ma 2p worth...

The leading parties have failed those who the represent to such a degree they allowed Mr BNP to slip in.

One chap in the audience got it right, those that voted BNP, were venting anger I'm sure of it.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Didn't watch - felt that it was over-hyped with the BBC basically advertising the programme in order to get ratings. Why they care about rating I have no clue - they gets our money no matter what. Anyway, Nothing new would have come out of the programme that I already didn't know - so why watch.

Nick Griffen doesn't need to be attacked - he can easily hang himself (ha ha) with his own tongue. Now if the people around here would grow brains and see that. Then his party would disappear into the fog in an instant.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Is the Pope Catholic?
                (If you are a member of the BNP then you probably claim he's muslim ).
                I think he's German...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  One chap in the audience got it right, those that voted BNP, were venting anger I'm sure of it.
                  It is said a party only wins an election by dint of the other parties losing.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                    Didn't watch - felt that it was over-hyped with the BBC basically advertising the programme in order to get ratings. Why they care about rating I have no clue - they gets our money no matter what. Anyway, Nothing new would have come out of the programme that I already didn't know - so why watch.

Nick Griffen doesn't need to be attacked - he can easily hang himself (ha ha) with his own tongue. Now if the people around here would grow brains and see that. Then his party would disappear into the fog in an instant.
                    The BNP might disappear into the fog, but the issue of immigration won't. None of the major parties have the balls to address it.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                      The BNP might disappear into the fog, but the issue of immigration won't. None of the major parties have the balls to address it.
                      Is there anything any party (BNP included) can do about it? Aren't open borders part of the EU treaty, and EU nationals the source of most of our immigration?

Comment

Working...
                      X