• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Misheard Lyrics

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Misheard Lyrics"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Town called Alice instead of Malice - Jam
    Given that The Jam's title Town Called Malice was clearly derived from Nevil Shute's excellent novel A Town Like Alice (or possibly from the film thereof), that isn't too surprising - the book was the first thing I thought of when I first heard the song on John Peel's show back in the day.

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Also Eating Trifle instead of Eton Rifles
    Was it voodooflux who made that mistake by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I also have a misheard radio CD advert but it's a bit obscure-
    having made the discovery that Algerian pop music (which is called Rai) is the perfect working-late-into-the-night accompaniment, I used to listen to a French Algerian radio station (Beur FM) and they were advertising a CD called Urban Raider. I thought that was a really cheesy name but they are French after all, so gave them the benefit of the doubt. A couple of months later they started advertising Urban Rai Trois and the scales fell from my ears.

Best recentish misheard lyric is in Babyface, "Every time I close my eyes". There is a definite "Every time I think of it I piss myself" at 1:20 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyLoKT_8fD0

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    "Classic Moos"

A CD advertised incessantly on Classic FM a few years ago when I was in the habit of tuning in while driving.

For ages I was completely baffled why anyone would pay a tenner to listen to an hour of cows mooing. But then I thought perhaps it might be quite relaxing, bringing to mind images of bucolic country scenes and rustic relaxation, and fresh faced milk maids etc etc, and I even toyed with the idea of buying the CD.

Finally, the truth dawned - The CD was called Classic Moods.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Simply Red - "Holding back the ears"
    -fond memories of holding back my brother's ears whenever it came on the car radio.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Jasper Carrott used to do a routine about how annoying people were when listening to their walkmans (that's how long ago it was), especially when they sang along and got the words wrong.

You missed the next line...

"Sparing his life for his warm sausages"

Kenny Everett used to have a jingle that took me a while to work out

"The Kenny Everett Radio Show! The show with the biggest tits!"

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    There's a Paul Simon song that goes "I don't know a soul that's not been battered". Not really a misherring, but it always makes me want fish and chips.
    There you go.

Oh, and Paul Youngs "Every time you go, you take a piece of meat with you". What about K.D. Langs "Can't stand gravy"?

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Jasper Carrott used to do a routine about how annoying people were when listening to their walkmans (that's how long ago it was), especially when they sang along and got the words wrong.

Mamma mia let me go.
    No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
    Mamma mia, mamma mia let me go
    Beelzebub has a devil for a sideboard.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    in my younger years

"she's so popular" instead of Jeux sans Frontier - games without frontiers - Peter Gabriel

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    There's a Paul Simon song that goes "I don't know a soul that's not been battered". Not really a mishearing, but it always makes me want fish and chips.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Into the valley
    Peas sure sound divine
    But who can Viv iron?
    The soldiers go marching
    There's masses of lamb
    Whose disease is catskin
    My picture is Hugh's toe
    Ahoy! Ahoy!
    Len see a sty
    Ahoy! Ahoy!
    Barman and soda
    Ahoy! Ahoy!
    Juicy men embalmed her
    Ahoy! Ahoy!
    Lung nearly gave

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Reminds me of the cassette tape advert featuring Desmond Decker

"ohh, ohhh me ears are alight"

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    'scuse me while I kiss this guy - Hendrix classic
    There is a station Ident where I am based offshore that is a sort of nationalisation ceremony; it ends “we now pronounce you a member of the <station> nation you man now kiss the sky.”

If anyone recognises this – just keep it to yourself. Hector doesn’t need to know and we’ll have a mudslide together.

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Who is the man I see
    Where I'm supposed to be?
    I lost my heart, I buried it too deep
    Under the iron sea

Oh, crystal ball, crystal ball
    Save us all, tell me life is beautiful
    Mirror, mirror on the wall

Always heard that as Chris De Burg for some strange reason

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    /off topic

Eton Mess

Now there is a gorgeous culinary dish...

/on topic

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    'Fck you are beautiful,
    and I have loved you dearly
    more dearly than the spoken word can say'

my mum singing along to Roger Whittaker with the headphones on. Videoed by my brother , the git.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X