• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Whatever happened to Global Warming?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    What alarmist BS!!
    I much prefer the earler version where the mummy and daddy dinosaurs are wringing their hands with grief at having caused an earlier period of GW, wheelspinning their 4x4s all over terra firma, whilst simultaneously having belching and trumping contests.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Climate Change Bedtime Story

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Just wait until perma-front melts and releases plenty of methane
    Is that what Dolly Parton's got? eek

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Because the overwhelming majority of it is made from good old fashioned dinosaur type oil and gas.
    The gas crisis appears to have been resolved..

energy crisis is postponed

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Have you noted what it costs?
    Indeed, the only oil that can be used in my motor is this one.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165581

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    There's a good stock of synthetic oil at my local motor factors. Why can't they all switch to synthetic oil?
    Have you noted what it costs?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You can make petrol out of CO2 and sunlight.

http://www.wired.com/science/discove...ws/2008/01/S2P

Simples.

Who needs oil, we just need more CO2 and a sunny day.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    There's a good stock of synthetic oil at my local motor factors. Why can't they all switch to synthetic oil?
    Because the overwhelming majority of it is made from good old fashioned dinosaur type oil and gas.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    If we are most of the way through our fossil fuels as one half of tree-huggers tell us, CO2 emissions won't be a problem for much longer for the other half.
    Just wait until perma-front melts and releases plenty of methane

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Oil will never run out. It'll just get exponentially more expensive as it becomes harder to find until the demand becomes virtually zero, and the only place to buy a litre of petrol will be Sotherbys.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by thelace View Post
    Now I'm not daft enough to think that oil won't run out at some point, however it's not this week.
    Oil will never run out. It'll just get exponentially more expensive as it becomes harder to find until the demand becomes virtually zero, and the only place to buy a litre of petrol will be Sotherbys.

Leave a comment:

• thelace
    replied
    When I was at school 30 years ago, it was predicted that we'd run out of oil in 30 years time... funily enough that's the current prediction too...

Now I'm not daft enough to think that oil won't run out at some point, however it's not this week.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    If we are most of the way through our fossil fuels as one half of tree-huggers tell us, CO2 emissions won't be a problem for much longer for the other half.

I don't remember 1998 as being particularly warm, only as the year David Beckham got sent off, David Batty missed a penalty, and Scotland lost to Morocco in the world cup.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    The farmers need some new proverbs, to keep up with the times.

Red sky at night, shepherds delight
    Red sky in the morning, shepherds warning

just dont cut in the the agw 21st century.

Hows about

Melting at the ice-caps, means more fuel tax
    Cows fart in tune, more greenhouse effect soon

etc.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Who remembers back in the 1960's and 70's when all the best climate scientists in the world were predicting we were heading into an ice age? I do.
    Me too. To be fair, the politicians back then did not have the nerve to try and wheedle tax money out of the populace to overcome the effects of this "Ice Age", unlike the current bunch of charlatans. All it needs to stoke things up is a ready supply of gullible knuckleheads like sg to buy into the propaganda and we are all stuffed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X