• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Whats your thermostat set to?"

Collapse

• SorenLorensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I have instructed Jenkins to stoke the boiler every four hours. My contribution to lessening my carbon foot print is that I have given him a smaller shovel.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I've gone one better than switching it off.

I turned the pilot light out too.

It normally only takes 3 or 4 days to get it to relight.

That's when the frost is on the inside of the double glazing.
    It's a shame we can't send light down your super efficient fibre optic cables and pipe light into homes from the sahara.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    My plan B is selling self-heating thermometers.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I'm thinking of putting a 2nd thermostat in the cupboard under the stairs and rewiring the system so the original is just a dummy for the wife to switch to max when ever she walks past.

Genius or what.
    Fantastic idea!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I'm thinking of putting a 2nd thermostat in the cupboard under the stairs and rewiring the system so the original is just a dummy for the wife to switch to max when ever she walks past.

Genius or what.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    17ish with only the radiators on in the rooms I use.

Turn it down if i light the fire.

Heating still has to come on yet.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I have instructed Jenkins to stoke the boiler every four hours. My contribution to lessening my carbon foot print is that I have given him a smaller shovel.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    What a waste of money using the central heating. You soon get used to lower temperatures.

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    QUOTE=Pondlife;966824]Oh FFS.

If the missus is cold she isn't paying enough attention to how your dinner is coming along. It should be lovely and warm in the kitchen with the oven at 200 deg.

simples.[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Oh FFS.

If the missus is cold she isn't paying enough attention to how your dinner is coming along. It should be lovely and warm in the kitchen with the oven at 200 deg.

simples.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Fiddling with your thermostat (fnarr) is all a bit pointless IMO.

Far better energy-saving by setting your boiler temperature down and control your heating on timer + TRVs. Most people have their boilers on 70-82 degs and don't know it. 55 degs does the job quite adequately for us at this time of year.

(It's quite tricky explaining this one to the missus mind)

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    With so many options its a wonder women manage to choose any temperature!
    I've got half the women here that want it full on, the other half all want it off!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    We play the yo-you game too and usually ends with me shouting 'I earn it - I burn it!' later in bed when we are not having I tend to regret it
    you could bribe her with what you saved on the heating bills

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    We play the yo-you game too and usually ends with me shouting 'I earn it - I burn it!' later in bed when we are not having I tend to regret it

Leave a comment:

• Muttley08
    replied
    I set it to 16...the wife 21...it yo-yo's between the two...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X