• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Permie Interview This Afternoon!"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    No. You'll be too busy trying to meet your personal development targets in time for your next appraisal.
    And don't forget to complete the TPS report - did you get the memo?

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by stingman123 View Post

I'm not selling out! I just need to ride this recession wave and see where it takes me. I'm not too sure I want the role, but I've only worked 12 weeks this year and need to keep monies coming in, if I don't get it I will be worried but I won't be bothered, there's always the next contract (wherever that is)

Anyone else having this problem? would you go perm for a role that is 10 mins away !
    Having worked 12 weeks less than you this year, I'd go for the permi role if I thought that the employer would give the job to me, but I know that he wont. I'll be up against another 50 CVs from equally qualified guys who don't have the baggage of being a contracotor.

I even lost a possible contract role last week because the guy had receiced so many good perm CVs that he decided that he didn't need to consider contractors at all, even for a "start tomorrow" role.

tim

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Well done.

FWIW I have done exactly the same as you, for exactly the same reasons and with a view to staying here for about the same amount of time!

I've got a bunch of very desirable skills that are being put on the cv so it's a case of 'this time next year, Rodders...'

Leave a comment:

• TinTrump
    replied
    Nice one!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Well, I got the gig and I've conditionally accepted. The missus is over the moon as we will now have what she calls a "normal" family life and can plan holidays etc....TBH everyone is happier that me! I think I'm still in shock!
    Congrats

Looking forward to spending some time with the family and the new little stingster, he's only 8 weeks old and at least this time I'll see him crawl,walk,talk,etc for the first time.
    Definitely the right choice then.

Can I still post on CUK? Please?
    No. You'll be too busy trying to meet your personal development targets in time for your next appraisal.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
    Congratulations.

I know it does not seem ideal but we all have to do what we have to do to survive.

TBH I'd take a permie job now if I was offered one.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    Congratulations.

Any celebration?
    I'd love to, ut I'm up in the North East, anyone up here? Fancy a few pints? (I can afford some now)

However it will soon be back to withdrawing single notes from the cashpoint from now on! Loads of bills to catch up on!

Leave a comment:

• sweetandsour
    replied
    Congratulations.

I know it does not seem ideal but we all have to do what we have to do to survive.

TBH I'd take a permie job now if I was offered one. It's not likely though because I haven't been looking for any.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied

Please hand in your membership card on your way out

Leave a comment:

• conned tractor
    replied
    Congratulations.

Any celebration?

Leave a comment:

• stingman123
    replied
    Well, I got the gig and I've conditionally accepted. The missus is over the moon as we will now have what she calls a "normal" family life and can plan holidays etc....TBH everyone is happier that me! I think I'm still in shock!

Looking forward to spending some time with the family and the new little stingster, he's only 8 weeks old and at least this time I'll see him crawl,walk,talk,etc for the first time.

Can I still post on CUK? Please?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    You miss the structure that permiedom supplies, you went permie for the challenge it presents.

Take the shilling, you know it makes sense, took me 9 months. 5 years ago, just don't mention the plan b.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    They make detect your contractor > permiedom desperateness a mile away,but good luck though.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    Me too, although I've been in contract all year,

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    I've only worked 12 weeks this year
    Me too, although I've been in contract all year,

Leave a comment: