• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Xmas Do - where, when, who"

Collapse

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Talking about geeks, at one point several of us were busy on our mobiles and when I told Xen's g/f we were having a texting conversation I think for a second she believed me.

Brilliant.

She thought you were all lovely.

Even rh.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Ahh. No Xeno points for me (again).

I shall sulk until the next outing ...
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I believe we discussed mandatory Xeno Geek Points for even attending a function such as this, did we not? Nay? Ay Cousin, methinks 'twould be a fair bargain. Hark.
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    and forsooth, where be my points , for verily I was there, I shall sulketh most

shhhh, my head hurts
    Ah yes. Mandatory Xeno Geek Points for all attendees. On the basis that points have already been awarded to NickFitz, OwlHoot, Bunk and realityhack, that leaves the following to take care of...

Zippy and norrahe are each awarded +50 Xeno Geek Points.

A cracking night one and all!!!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Talking about geeks, at one point several of us were busy on our mobiles and when I told Xen's g/f we were having a texting conversation I think for a second she believed me.
    Who you calling geek?

Texting conversation Well I was trying to find out about Pogle's night out, her texts were a tad strange, summat about "drunk in charge of cleavage"

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Yup, although I still don't know where to head to

I'll probably just finish up in the Black Horse

Brave man! another night on the sauce, good to meet you

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Not as bad as I should be after drowning in beer and spouting total rubbish

Are you out tonight?
    Yup, although I still don't know where to head to

I'll probably just finish up in the Black Horse

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Quite good actually

I think sticking to decent real ale (as nature intended) last night, and the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet at the hotel this morning, have together resulted in an acceptable state of being - a good thing really, as otherwise driving back up the M1 would have been a very bad idea

How about you?
    Not as bad as I should be after drowning in beer and spouting total rubbish

Are you out tonight?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Well done. How's the head today?
    Quite good actually

I think sticking to decent real ale (as nature intended) last night, and the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet at the hotel this morning, have together resulted in an acceptable state of being - a good thing really, as otherwise driving back up the M1 would have been a very bad idea

How about you?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Afternoon all

Made it home about forty minutes ago

It was a most enjoyable evening, and really good to catch up with/meet you all
    Well done. How's the head today?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon all

Made it home about forty minutes ago

It was a most enjoyable evening, and really good to catch up with/meet you all

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    good night was had by all, could I suggest a more central venue, whereby we can hav champagne, Vodka and redbull, as opposed to whatever fizzy stuff they had behind the bar

have incriminating piccies been put on facebook?

How are the collective heads this morning?
    Not bad, thanks, and even if it had been, every throb would have been worth it for those geek points.

Although the pub was OK, and grungey pubs don't bother me, especially in good company, I agree about a more central venue in future as long as it doesn't get too packed.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Glad you all had a good time. We got rather drunk in Mulligans.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Zippy is hereby awarded 65,536 NickFitz P&T Regular Geek Points
    Waaayyyyy better than Xeno points. Ta NF.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not till I've had more coffee and a bacon and egg sarnie
    Now that sounds like a fine idea!
    <leaves immediately for the caff>

(ow)

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    GOOD MORNING!

Sounds like it was a good night
    sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not till I've had more coffee and a bacon and egg sarnie

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    GOOD MORNING!

Sounds like it was a good night

Leave a comment:

Working...
X