• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Earning money in between contracts..."

Collapse

• weemster
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    An 'apprentice' postman

Are these examples of the apprenticeships that the government claims to have created? FFS
    Good career progression

Spend most of your time on strike

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I wouldn't log on next Thursday, if I were you. The CUK ladies are going for a curry and I'm sure chutney spoons will be discussed a lot.
    Remember to lick the spoon before and after putting it in the pot.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by DRBO View Post
    To all the haters...I never said in my post that you would earn millions...I am a contractor too. This is only for 'income on the side' or 'residual income'...
    I think this kind of hate speech should be made criminal. I've noticed it a few times over the past year, in various places. As soon as anyone makes any contradictory statement, the poster starts talking about "haters". Personally, I think they're obviously paranoids and hysterics. Hence the expression "Mad as a Hater".

Leave a comment:

• BlightyBoy
    replied
    Happy Xmas Cyberman

Was myself intrigued by the term "chutney spoon" and found this gem.

GIFT SUGGESTIONS:
    Attach a tag explaining uses, storage and use-by date - 2 months after making. Add a chutney spoon and tie with a ribbon. Pack in a box lined with tissue paper and decorate with a ribbon.
    linky

I think the ribbon is a nice touch. Not sure if gift wrapping chutney spoon would really be a worthwhile way of subsidising bench time though...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Looking for accelerated development? Why not consider the Royal Mail Apprentice Scheme.
    An 'apprentice' postman

Are these examples of the apprenticeships that the government claims to have created? FFS

Leave a comment:

• Smurficus
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
    Explain "In between Contracts",
    Holidays

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    What`s this all about. This place is corrupting my sweet innocent mind, I`ve only just worked out what the chutney spoon thing is all about.

Is the maker of Pot Noodles going to pay someone to eat them allday or somefink?
    I wouldn't log on next Thursday, if I were you. The CUK ladies are going for a curry and I'm sure chutney spoons will be discussed a lot.

Leave a comment:

• weemster
    replied
    http://rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail01.asp

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Tesco's have Bombay Bad Boy on offer at 3 for 2 quid.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BlackenedBiker
    replied
    To all the haters...I never said in my post that you would earn millions...I am a contractor too. This is only for 'income on the side' or 'residual income'...
    Explain "In between Contracts", I have not experienced this

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    What`s this all about. This place is corrupting my sweet innocent mind, I`ve only just worked out what the chutney spoon thing is all about.

Is the maker of Pot Noodles going to pay someone to eat them allday or somefink?
    I still haven't worked out what the chutney spoon thing was all about.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Do a little youtube search for The Office and Pot Noodle

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Have you tried Pot Noodling?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Have you tried Pot Noodling?

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X