• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Jumping spiders

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Jumping spiders"

Collapse

• Halcyon
    replied
    Originally posted by Petal View Post
    I once removed a 7 legged spider from a holiday rental in France. The thing was so vast it had to fold its knees up to fit inside a pint glass. My manly other half sat hugging himself and squeaking.

I wonder how the thing lost a leg...?
    Probably being captured in a pint glass

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Whiled away a few minutes watching Mr Spider getting his wooing technique rather wrong.

She ate him.
    I know some women like that

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Petal View Post
    I once removed a 7 legged spider from a holiday rental in France. The thing was so vast it had to fold its knees up to fit inside a pint glass. My manly other half sat hugging himself and squeaking.
    That's me, that is.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    We shall be doing a spider survey this weekend

http://www.buglife.org.uk/getinvolve...spiderhunt.htm
    Good lass.
    Have got a modest sized Boris in my bathroom. She seems to like the bit between an old gas tap and the shower rail. Keep trying not to splash her when I'm in there.

There are loads of webs in the garden.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    We shall be doing a spider survey this weekend

http://www.buglife.org.uk/getinvolve...spiderhunt.htm

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    But the little jumping spiders are quite cute. I like the way they turn to look at you.

You should have yourself checked.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I'm not a big fan of your average house spider, though not afraid of them. But the little jumping spiders are quite cute. I like the way they turn to look at you.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Bad news I'm afraid . . .

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I don't mind getting rid of spiders. Do it all the time. But the little fliper I just trapped in a tumbler was JUMPING up and down like a mental case.

Had to get suityou02 to get rid of in the end.

Phew.
    "Britain Braced For Huge Spider Invasion."

Leave a comment:

• Petal
    replied

I wonder how the thing lost a leg...?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Why would an arachnophobe take a close look at a spider?
    They could suffer from scopophobia as well and be trying to outstare it?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Quite. They can learn about their worst fears on the Internet.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    We've got loads of jumping spiders in our garden - if you feel up to find out more here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/wildfact...iles/350.shtml
    Zebra spiders belong to the family Salticidae (also known as jumping spiders) who are believed to have the best eyesight of any arthropod. If you take a close look at one of these spiders it will often turn its head to look straight back at you.
    That must be the stuff of nightmares for arachnophobics

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I don't mind getting rid of spiders. Do it all the time. But the little fliper I just trapped in a tumbler was JUMPING up and down like a mental case.

Had to get suityou02 to get rid of in the end.

Phew.

We've got loads of jumping spiders in our garden - if you feel up to find out more here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/wildfact...iles/350.shtml

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    It gets a bit freaky when they track you as you move around the glass you've got them trapped in, aggressive little ****ers.

At least they're small unlike the giant house spiders I'm getting invaded with at this time of year.

Yeah Pogle I know...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X