• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Help! I think I am turning into my Dad."

Collapse

• bobhope
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    You are doomed. Soon you will spend most of your day in the shed sorting out your screws. You can join my screw sorting out forum if you like, the other week we had a fascinating discussion about whether it was acceptable to put 2 1/2" and 3" screws in the same box.
    Well, in that case, I'm definitely not middle aged yet. I sort my screws into 50mm and 60mm sizes.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I have this irrational yearning for a brown Rover 2000. Does that count?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
    is it a normal part of the ageing process?
    Of course it is. What made you think it might not be?

Leave a comment:

• sweetandsour
    replied
    Oh well. Thanks for that everyone, that's a lot of help.

I can see that turning into Victor Meldrew is an inevitable part of the ageing process that I should learn to embrace.

Now, I have received a letter from the council telling me that they are fining me for not sorting my rubbish into different coloured bins. I don't believe it!

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    You are doomed. Soon you will spend most of your day in the shed sorting out your screws. You can join my screw sorting out forum if you like, the other week we had a fascinating discussion about whether it was acceptable to put 2 1/2" and 3" screws in the same box.
    Of course it isn't acceptable, next thing you will be saying that you mix slotheads and posidrives, that's a slippery slope to combining brass and anodised zinc in the same container!!!!

Stone the heretic.

Where the hell did I put my pipe?

Leave a comment:

• umbongo
    replied
    oh no... I'm currently sorting out a toolbox... help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    ...and beige goes with everything...
    brown, much better and doesn't show the dirt as much

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    Cardigans are getting better these days aren't they? Hush puppies may not look that good but they really are comfy.
    ...and beige goes with everything...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Have you taken out a funeral expenses plan yet?
    Great deals at cooperative funerals and they're an ethical company

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I think you are doomed. There's nothing wrong with long hair on a man

Have you taken out a funeral expenses plan yet?

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I saw someone wearing socks with flip flops yesterday

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    next thing you'll be wearing socks with your lovely brown sandals

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
    While watching TV a short while ago I saw a chap with a thick crop of woolly hair and said out loud "He should get a haircut!".

This is the first time that I have ever thought or said such thing.

My Dad used to say similar things when I was growing up, why have I started this now?

I have always liked my rock music so men with long hair are perfectly normal in my eyes so I am more than a little surprised that this happened.

I am in my mid-thirties which I don't think is very old so should I be expecting this change in attitudes to happen and is it a normal part of the ageing process?
    I've already bought you a pipe and slippers for Christmas.

Nomadd

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Cardigans are getting better these days aren't they? Hush puppies may not look that good but they really are comfy.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X