• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cold Calling - An Update"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Tell em your building a consultancy

Agree next time £40K, This time you're doing it cheap to get a foot in the door!

Obligatory bannanas!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    C'mon the rest of us want in on this gig
    Well it's good to know that it's not a million miles away from the spreadsheets I'm working on in Geneva and that there is a market for this type of work.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Menelaus the co believes in doing a Fair Trade models deal ...
    You big softie

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    The gig that I've cold-called-and-sold, KPMG (eg) would have sold it for around £100,000 and taken three months to do it. Sod that, especially as the co in question mentioned that (quote):

"at least you're not giving me numbers that would make me sound interested but having me shifting uncomfortably in my seat".

All we need, another "Much quickness, plenty cheapness" wallah.

Bob will be getting upset.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Next time 40k ...
    And there's the problem ... I couldn't do that with a straight face knowing:

(a) how long the work will take
    (b) how much more accurate my output will be
    (c) (correlated with (a) above) how easy I find it to do

Menelaus the co believes in doing a Fair Trade models deal ...

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    "at least you're not giving me numbers that would make me sound interested but having me shifting uncomfortably in my seat".

Next time 40k ...

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    I'm a mathematical modeller for credit portfolios, liquidity and market risk... with precisely zero commercial skills but my "secret sauce" seems to be not bulltulipting in the same way that the big 4 do, doing small team gigs (me plus 0.5 (as necessary)) and delivering fast.

The gig that I've cold-called-and-sold, KPMG (eg) would have sold it for around £100,000 and taken three months to do it. Sod that, especially as the co in question mentioned that (quote):

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I posted a note earlier this week on cold calling and having blagged a meeting with a possible client for MyCo.

Just got in from said meeting and have secured £25,000 for a piece of work that'll work out at being around 3.5 weeks long.

Cold calling - is it the future?
    Good one!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Good effort though - what is it you do?
    C'mon the rest of us want in on this gig

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Assuming a 40 hour week, a tidy £178.57 an hour! Nice one Menelaus.
    Nahh - ship it to bob for much cheapness and you can sit back with the G&T's and let him do all the work.

Good effort though - what is it you do?

Leave a comment:

• bullseye
    replied
    You rock, You rock, You rock , You rock , You rock

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Your round methinks

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    partay!

nice one

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Assuming a 40 hour week, a tidy £178.57 an hour! Nice one Menelaus.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    One should not rock alone (even with a G & T) so here you go

Appropriate lyrics too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X