• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Anniversary

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anniversary"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    DSi

Double Sexual interlude?

Lucky beggar!

Sal please explain for us lifers.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    What's the I for?!!

Did you call me "it"?
    No, but I'll let someone else explain my joke...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Wow - that's the first time someone on here has actually helped when hoping to help!!

You are a good sport

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    No, it stands for "What I said", hence the link back to "what he said"

Truly HTH
    Wow - that's the first time someone on here has actually helped when hoping to help!!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    What's the I for?!!

Did you call me "it"?
    No, it stands for "What I said", hence the link back to "what he said"

Truly HTH

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What's the I for?!!

Did you call me "it"?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    No one cares what you think, that is why you needed to post a link back to your own post.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Who says you're meant to get a present like? I think that sounds so shallow.

I didn't get my other half anything for our aniversary, and didn't get (or expect) anything back either.

Infact, our anniversary came and went without any fuss - we had a meal, and over wine clinked and sad happy anniversary, both beamed and had a smooch. but that's all I'd ever expect.

Just love each other all year - isn't that enough?
    WIS

Leave a comment:

• Archangel
    replied
    When it got near to our last anniversary I noticed that her (current) magazine kept bieng left open on an advert for an expensive necklace.

I took the hint and bought the necklace. She was delighted, but later when I mentioned the advert she had no idea what I was talking about and when I showed it to her it turned out that the page was next to one of those "thick" pages that womens mags have and just fell open there.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied

I didn't get my other half anything for our aniversary, and didn't get (or expect) anything back either.

Infact, our anniversary came and went without any fuss - we had a meal, and over wine clinked and sad happy anniversary, both beamed and had a smooch. but that's all I'd ever expect.

I wrote my wife a letter this year (our first, paper).

I think it's nice to remember the day you committed yourselves to each other with a gift you've thought about.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    sounds sad but ask outright what the woife wants and then add a little something extra as a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    she will have been dropping little hints for the last 3 weeks about what she wants ...
    HAB is so bad at picking up on hints that ex-mrs HAB use to write it down for him. One year she wanted loads of smelly stuff so she wrote a list, told me what store to go to, and even which assistant. After the US markets have closed, HAB wanders down to the shop and seeks out the assistant. She looks at me and goes, “You’re HAB, mrs-HAB has told me to expect you”. I give up at this point and say, “Get the lot. I don’t stand a chance with you lot ganging up against me”. A few minutes later and several hundred dollars lighter, I get to go home. I think the assistant was on her cell to ex-mrs HAB before I had even left the store.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Lads - we don't expect to get something we really like but we do appreciate a bit of effort.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    check, fail*, fail*

*sensitive skin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X