• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anniversary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anniversary

on monday. keep asking suityou02 what she wants. No idea.

Plunge router with dovetail jig it is then.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

how many years?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Model helicopter engine?

(I think you are supposed to work it out for yourself)
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

she will have been dropping little hints for the last 3 weeks about what she wants and because you are so stressed at work you will not have been listening to her and wont have picked up on them anyway!

We women like to see that you've made an effort, it doesn't have to cost a fortune, like going out for a picnic - but doing all the arranging and food preparation yourself and not leaving it up to her - failing that vast quantities of flowers, sparkley stuff and Lush products always work.

Oh and if you do go for flowers - go to a florist and request a bouquet with some of the types of flowers she had in her wedding bouquet - DONT get them from a petrol station!

Last anniversary (18th) I got a lovely swarovsky necklace - chosen by Mr P himself and he got a DSi
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          she will have been dropping little hints for the last 3 weeks about what she wants and because you are so stressed at work you will not have been listening to her and wont have picked up on them anyway!

We women like to see that you've made an effort, it doesn't have to cost a fortune, like going out for a picnic - but doing all the arranging and food preparation yourself and not leaving it up to her - failing that vast quantities of flowers, sparkley stuff and Lush products always work.

Oh and if you do go for flowers - go to a florist and request a bouquet with some of the types of flowers she had in her wedding bouquet - DONT get them from a petrol station!

Last anniversary (18th) I got a lovely swarovsky necklace - chosen by Mr P himself and he got a DSi
          What about a nice pearl necklace?

Comment

- failing that vast quantities of flowers, sparkley stuff and Lush products always work.
            Check, check, fail* - no two women are alike....

*eczema
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

check, fail*, fail*

*sensitive skin.

Comment

Lads - we don't expect to get something we really like but we do appreciate a bit of effort.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

she will have been dropping little hints for the last 3 weeks about what she wants ...
                  HAB is so bad at picking up on hints that ex-mrs HAB use to write it down for him. One year she wanted loads of smelly stuff so she wrote a list, told me what store to go to, and even which assistant. After the US markets have closed, HAB wanders down to the shop and seeks out the assistant. She looks at me and goes, “You’re HAB, mrs-HAB has told me to expect you”. I give up at this point and say, “Get the lot. I don’t stand a chance with you lot ganging up against me”. A few minutes later and several hundred dollars lighter, I get to go home. I think the assistant was on her cell to ex-mrs HAB before I had even left the store.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

sounds sad but ask outright what the woife wants and then add a little something extra as a surprise.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X