• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tubular Bells…

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tubular Bells…"

Collapse

• Shimano105
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    It happens to us all, it's called 'getting old'

Has anyone looked at themselves in a mirror while they were dancing, lately?
    I doubt I'd recognise myself actually! Still doesn't excuse his attempts at dancifying Tubular Bells for the umpteenth time.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I just can't get the Blue Peter theme tune out of my head when I think of him.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    Ommadawn - marvellous.

Shame he turned into a sad mid-life crisis bloke when he moved to Ibiza. And why is all his music now tinged with dad-dancing style cheesy 'techno' beats?
    It happens to us all, it's called 'getting old'

Has anyone looked at themselves in a mirror while they were dancing, lately?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Going through my Oldfield collection again as usual. Got almost everything but I keep coming back to Ommadawn and Amarok.

Leave a comment:

• Shimano105
    replied
    Ommadawn - marvellous.

Shame he turned into a sad mid-life crisis bloke when he moved to Ibiza. And why is all his music now tinged with dad-dancing style cheesy 'techno' beats?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Artistically yes. Financially no.

Leave a comment:

• Lithium
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Oldfield got shafted by the bearded one on that record deal. Branson made Virgin off the back of that album.
    Sure you don't mean "The Sex Pistols - Never Mind the Bollocks"

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    aah the concept2 - used to use one of those years ago - I must make some space somewhere to put one in again....

Leave a comment:

• RSoles
    replied
    I was most disappointed when the cd of Hergest Ridge ( I think) was released without the drunken sea shanties....

...'and it's all made up of little pieces of broken eggshell....' (misquoted).

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Ommadawn gets my vote too, and I somehow missed TB II.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I love Mike Oldfield and I love TB I & II

But my favourite is Ommadawn. I don't really listen to it in the summer. It's an album that needs wind and cold and kicking dry leaves on the ground and flurries of snow and scarves and...

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Oldfield got shafted by the bearded one on that record deal. Branson made Virgin off the back of that album.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Listening to TB at the moment. Grand piano ...

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Is my PM´s ringtone, but not in a stylish way; it´s one of those nasty bleepy self programmed versions.

I actually quite like Mike Oldfield’s weird and wacky album. I occasionally listen to it while training on my rowing machine; the trance-like weirdness of it all distracts me from the agony that a Concept2 rowing machine can inflict on the body.
    Try TB II. Thats even stranger, but in a very good way.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Is my PM´s ringtone, but not in a stylish way; it´s one of those nasty bleepy self programmed versions.

I actually quite like Mike Oldfield’s weird and wacky album. I occasionally listen to it while training on my rowing machine; the trance-like weirdness of it all distracts me from the agony that a Concept2 rowing machine can inflict on the body.
    Slow day sweetie - never mind come and ramble away on here...oh, I see you already did

Leave a comment:

Working...
X