• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's never too late to say sorry ..."

Collapse

• Lithium
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I think Thatcher should apologise for wanting to keep millions of suppressed Germans behind a wall for commercial reasons... Not to mention the Belgrano.
    Yep, think an not type eh!?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I think Thatcher should apologise for wanting to keep millions of suppressed Germans behind a wall for commercial reasons... Not to mention the Belgrano.
    Wish I could find the Spitting Image Belgrano sketch on YouTube

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lithium
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I don't necessarily believe we should apologise for the past (we didn't inflict this bigotry on people after all). I just thought it was a terrible incident in our past, given that we now lavish praise on our 'unsung' heroes of Bletchley.

The man was a genius and he was treated cruelly, so we should remember that and make sure it doesn't happen again.

<zip lecture ends>
    As Zippy said, the man achieved great thing's and then was slated. As to whether the current government should apologise? Well they are the only one's who can, if you disagree get back to the Daily Mail or summit!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I don't necessarily believe we should apologise for the past (we didn't inflict this bigotry on people after all). I just thought it was a terrible incident in our past, given that we now lavish praise on our 'unsung' heroes of Bletchley.

The man was a genius and he was treated cruelly, so we should remember that and make sure it doesn't happen again.

<zip lecture ends>

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Bristolians were expected to apologise for the slave trade, as a white man born more than 200 years after it was abolished I have supposedly benefited so it's only fair.

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    Its Gordon Brown's ploy to appeal to the gay vote, Alan Turin was gay of course and he thinks that it will swing voters his way (ooer missus).

but no I reckon that the gay community probably knows better, poor old Gordon going pink won't work out for him.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Agree with a few up. All this apologising for history is absurd.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's not news at all. Is Gordon going to apologise to every dead person who was given a hard time?
    Even if he only did those that he and his party had a part in their suffering, the heat death of the universe would never let him finish.

Leave a comment:

• bobhope
    replied
    while in 1950 he devised a test to measure the intelligence of a machine. Today it is known as the Turing Test.
    FFS, does nobody proof read articles at the BBC anymore ?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MB99 View Post
    Great news, but also a very great pity that it took so long to be made.
    It's not news at all. Is Gordon going to apologise to every dead person who was given a hard time?

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    The time for then trouser wetting, drugged up, snot goblin to repent his evil deeds has long past. He has a greater destiny.
    I wish you'd mark your links as NSFW!!

Leave a comment:

• MB99
    replied
    At long last

Great news, but also a very great pity that it took so long to be made.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    We will have to wait for another 70 or 80 years for an apology on Gordon Brown's actions.
    The time for then trouser wetting, drugged up, snot goblin to repent his evil deeds has long past. He has a greater destiny.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    Gordon Brownstuff is now apologising for mistakes which he had no control over, what about mistakes that he did have some influence over ?
    We will have to wait for another 70 or 80 years for an apology on Gordon Brown's actions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X