• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "F@&@ing trains!!!!!"

Collapse

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    .... and there's a guy next to me ...... and has a see through bin bag with him with what looks like all his belongings in it.
    That's thoughtful.

I know that some Muslims living in London started taking see-through bags on the tube after the London bombings so that they didn't freak people out. Another used to always carry a bottle of wine. He said that it didn't make any sense but it seemed to make people less edgy.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune but it has cheered me up a little. I have been missing the UK a little bit recently but I am reminded of a story about my parents when they were here in New Zealand five years ago or so.

They took a scenic railway journey across the South Island and a tree fell onto the train en route.

The driver got out, walked up the line to where there were some forestry workers, borrowed a chainsaw, returned and cut the tree up. Gave the chainsaw back and they were on their way again. Such a difference in attitude.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    sas, you've got an admirer.
    I'm pretty certain he hasn't. Technical malfunction on Pogle's phone whilst in the pub, I think.

SA - are you home yet?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    oh honey that sounds awful!
    You should have come out with us.
    But dont worry you'll be able to come out with us when you down south. I look forward to getting very, very, very VERY drunk with you.
    sas, you've got an admirer.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    oh honey that sounds awful!
    You should have come out with us.
    But dont worry you'll be able to come out with us when you down south. I look forward to getting very, very, very VERY drunk with you.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied

this thread just made me piss, as I'm still on the mother ******* train (7 mother ******* hours later) but mortal now!

The piss filled toilet has stopped flushing, the trolley man is dry, and there's a guy next to me who stinks of tulip and has a see through bin bag with him with what looks like all his belongings in it.

This is my life now!!

Thank god for vodka and niel diamond on my iPhone!!!

All together..... SWEET CAROLINE (ba ba ba!)....
    Funny that - I'm stuck on this train carrying a bunch of tulips for my wife and a very trendy see-through bag that cost me hundreds of squid. And next to me there's this large pissed bird, singing loudly and doing rude things with her iPhone. Bloody won't travel cattle class next time I tell yer

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    there's a guy next to me who stinks of tulip and has a see through bin bag with him with what looks like all his belongings in it.
    and he is probably thinking "Why do I always end up sitting next to some weirdo?"

But it could be worse. Instead of smelling of tulips he might have smelled like faeces.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

this thread just made me piss, as I'm still on the mother ******* train (7 mother ******* hours later) but mortal now!

The piss filled toilet has stopped flushing, the trolley man is dry, and there's a guy next to me who stinks of tulip and has a see through bin bag with him with what looks like all his belongings in it.

This is my life now!!

Just think what it's like for the poor suckers who aren't in First Class.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

This is my life now!!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I'm off home, cherry o.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Will 'ow just stop this farce?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Bring back the birch for corny jokes I say.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Whatever is found to gratify the publick, will be multiplied by the emulation of venders beyond necessity or use. This plenty, indeed, produces cheapness, but cheapness always ends in negligence and depravation.

public
    vendors.

You'd think he'd know better, what with writing that dictionary.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    We'd best stop, before she starts getting Crab'y

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    It's just a variation on the old chestnut; leaves on the line etc.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    She's really up a gum tree now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X