• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Any sign yet of that September Surge in roles?"

Collapse

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    All in time for the July Jump and the August Awakening.
    And back to the September Sag, sorry Surge.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Not to mention the May Mayhem and then the June JobFest - Booooomed
    All in time for the July Jump and the August Awakening.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Ok Ok, but think of the March Madness and April Avalanche.

Not to mention the May Mayhem and then the June JobFest - Booooomed

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    and the December Decline, the January 'Jesus it's quiet' and the February 'flip this I'm going to stack shelves at Lidl' etc
    Ok Ok, but think of the March Madness and April Avalanche.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    and the December Decline, the January 'Jesus it's quiet' and the February 'Feck this I'm going to stack shelves at Lidl' etc

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Decision makers are still coming back from holidays and reading their emails, drinking coffee and having catch-up meetings. The September Surge has been put on hold for the expected October Outpouring.
    Or the November Nothingness

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Decision makers are still coming back from holidays and reading their emails, drinking coffee and having catch-up meetings. The September Surge has been put on hold for the expected October Outpouring.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I am finding it even quieter this week - there is nothing much worth applying for.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Sorry to piss on anyone's bonfire but just because an agent calls you and says he \ she is putting you forward does not mean there's a real job or an indication that the market is picking up.

Even if you get called for 'interview' it could be client co's 'just looking at what's out there' and end up wasting your time.

I get the impression it is still dead out there although there may be the odd 'bubble' of a couple of roles every now and then.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I was watching the BBC World News at the hotel the other day and they were repoprting that Bangalore is getting very busy again. When the stuff hit the fan a lot of companies were supposed to have canceled their contracts out there - they are starting to reverse this.

Leave a comment:

• ddilling
    replied
    just when you think the job market couldn't get any worse - it does.

i'm finding the 'lack of' any bounce very disappointing...

Leave a comment:

• Hawkeye
    replied
    I have had three calls in the past two days. One I have been put forward for and the other two am waiting to hear if they will progress my application. It is starting to pick up a little bit on the PM front.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I am looking round now : alot of roles advertised but few of them progressing.

Maybe pimps are using the hope of a surge to do some fishing?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    So, anyone seen any signs of this September surge?

Still quite in my field of work.
    Like the grave.

Leave a comment:

• ForkBoy
    replied
    Nada, zilch, sod all. Haven't even had a fishing call from an agent in weeks. Can't even get jobserve in Bangalore, it sends me here http://www.indiajobsit.com/en/index.asp and much cheapness is the order of the day.
    Only places I see hiring at the moment are games studios.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X